Swap for Displacement?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TheRonTom3

Hey folks,

I am considering a swap for the higher displacement and power out put offered by the 2 or 3uzfe versus my now 120K mi+ 1uz-fe. I tried searching for more information but only found lextremes write up on this. Since his car is turbo and undergoing an Epic build a lot of the questions I have could not be answered there. I have seen that many say the 4.7l motors fall on their face above 400rpms. Considering I was planning on staying NA would this be a bad idea?

Does wiring just plug and play?

SC400 tranmission bolts up?

Hey folks,

I am considering a swap for the higher displacement and power out put offered by the 2 or 3uzfe versus my now 120K mi+ 1uz-fe. I tried searching for more information but only found lextremes write up on this. Since his car is turbo and undergoing an Epic build a lot of the questions I have could not be answered there. I have seen that many say the 4.7l motors fall on their face above 400rpms. Considering I was planning on staying NA would this be a bad idea?

Does wiring just plug and play?

SC400 tranmission bolts up?
RPM has to do with many factors. One would be the stroke and other would be cams. Stock 2uzfe doesn't like to rev but 1uzfe love to rev. I put a combination of the two together and it revs like a 1uzfe.

If you use complete 2UZFE, the it will not plug right in (harness). If you only use partial (2uzfe bottom and 1uzfe top) then it would. Here is a picture of my SC470:

IMG_0118.jpg
It looks completely stock and as for redline:
SC_470_DYNO_TEST.jpg
Remember my setup is for street driving. So I dont want to get to 8000 rpm to get power.

We are the first to do this so you wont find anywhere with this first hand information.

Hahaha these should be printed and posted around south florida
image.php

To stay on topic. I chose the 1uz for both of my projects baised mostly on displacment, and i also am thinking about getting daves 5.2L kit for the same reason. like the saying, No replacment for displacment.

OK Lex this is where I have become lost. I was going by the UZ compatibility chart that says the 1uz heads are not compatible with the 2uz block. Has this been dis proven or have you machined the heads or block to fit?

I have read the thread for your TT build which is overkill for what I am looking for as of right this moment. I would just be looking for a block swap for the displacement.

I have a 97 non vvti UZZ31.

sorry for the double post I seem to be unable to re-edit my post above. It may be my blackberry since I am posting from that...anywho I have read that the stock 2uz pistons are a bad decision for the swap and would inevitably do damage... I am assuming this swap can only be done by having custom pistons made.... there is no OEM availibility.