Supra V8 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TuningHouse.co.uk

just realised i ever introduced myself. Hi all im Mike from UK, Devon. I run a tuning website for enthusiasts, and i (up until recently ran) a 2JZ NA, MKiv supra, which is now going to 1UZ V8. I have brought the LS400 (91) and am in the process of changing it all.

This site is the best on the web for Lex conversions so i have heard, and you guys seem like a great bunch.

Hello

Hi Mike & welcome. We're a pretty friendly & open bunch here and techno-snobbery is definitely frowned upon.

I work in Algeria and pass through London Gatwick every month, and have been known to transport various car bits to the UK occasionally (in exchange for a good curry dinner ;-)

Good luck with your swap; my 1UZ project is MKIV Supra based, also. PM me if you need something brought over.

wow, cribb i want your job.

Anywho. I am interested to see some more builds, I want to put a 1uzfe with turbo into my 74 260z, but I am not seeing much power for a lot of these boosted projects.

I mean the same boost on a 6.0L lsx motor would be retarded compared to what it is getting on teh 1uz.

I don't know maybe i need more education.

Talon don't try to compare the 1UZ to a 6.0 chebbie motor. At the end of the day, the chebbie has 1.5x the displacement of the 1UZ. If it can't make 1.5x the power of the 1UZ, something is wrong.

If you're after cheap HP, buy the chebbie and be like nearly everyone else who has done a V8 conversion. Those of us doing projects with the 1UZ and other engines are doing so precisely because we want something a little different.

wow, cribb i want your job.

Anywho. I am interested to see some more builds, I want to put a 1uzfe with turbo into my 74 260z, but I am not seeing much power for a lot of these boosted projects.

I mean the same boost on a 6.0L lsx motor would be retarded compared to what it is getting on teh 1uz.

I don't know maybe i need more education.

How much do you need mate?....i make an easy 400rwkw on a fully stock long motor? More than enough for any street driven chassis...way more than enough in fact :)

The LS2 is a beast of an engine for sure and probably a better proposition for most. For those of us who like to keep it all Toyota the UZ is a viable alternative to the LS and at $800 a pop they are a bloody cheap one too :)

Attachments

• DCP_0007.jpg
    DCP_0007.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 2
Sorry guys, I have no clue what rwkw is, ok googled.

I need 700-800whp once its boosted.

I have a 410hp 460tq dsm (evo3 for you guys i think) runs 11s full weight, ac, 5k including the car.

The goal is for the Z to destroy this thing in everyway possible.

I was gonna say that the only info i can find on this motor is your side of the planet.

But the sound is amazing and if the power can be made i don't want to be like everyone else. People state side are sticking LS motors into everything and anything.

I guess if someone can pm me some info, i would love to do this. although timing belt is scary.

I have a 410hp 460tq dsm (evo3 for you guys i think) runs 11s full weight, ac, 5k including the car.

I was gonna say that the only info i can find on this motor is your side of the planet.

But the sound is amazing and if the power can be made i don't want to be like everyone else. People state side are sticking LS motors into everything and anything.

I guess if someone can pm me some info, i would love to do this. although timing belt is scary.

I can help you out with flywheel and adpator plate for a manual transmission. let me know if you are intrested.

800whp is a big ask from 4 litres and will require a full rebuild. The same for an LS though so no reason not to use a UZ if that's the power you want.

I could list the bits but it's all the usual that any big hp motor would need...many brands to choose from but do some more searching on here for ideas as at least 6 guys have built tough motors that could survive this hp level.

The only issue i've yet to see resolved is block integrity. Around 800hp they get a bit suspect. Options include grouting (partial or full), a crank girdle, thru to a custom billet block. Some stock block motors have survived at this power level but quite a few have failed. At this point i can't say whether it's tune or the actual block itself that casued the failures...not many running these hp levelss as you can appreciate :)

I don't know how much the Evo3 weighs, but I don't think it's under 3000lbs. I believe the Supra MK14 with 400 rwhp 1UZ can run in the flat 12 with street tires, even in the high 11 with a good launch. That's also my goal.

A Supra has a similar weight as the SC400, and KC with SC400 already ran 12.5 with 340 rwhp. You can pass this safe zone with stock internals, but that's marginal and perhaps require careful tuning. Well, with built internals, more than 500 rwhp is easy to achieve, and below 11 secs isn't a dream. You'll still need a good tranny and good launch.

With 320rwkw i ran a 11.7 on street tyres....could have been a 11.3 with the 1.7 60ft. On MT's who knows....a 10 easy you'd have to say? :)

Justen, what does your car weigh? I believe I saw a pic you posted of the interior, and isn't it semi-gutted? I also believe the Celica is a bit lighter than our SC/Soarers stock, isn't it?

The blocks that split, how were they boosted? Turbo, supercharger? Do you know the build and the type engine management they had? How about the transmission they were using?

Ryan

Justen, what does your car weigh? I believe I saw a pic you posted of the interior, and isn't it semi-gutted? I also believe the Celica is a bit lighter than our SC/Soarers stock, isn't it?

The blocks that split, how were they boosted? Turbo, supercharger? Do you know the build and the type engine management they had? How about the transmission they were using?

Ryan

I haven't weighed the car recently but the times were run at 1470kg (including me) so not much lighter than an SC (suer as hell not 400kg different :)).

Stock blocks, all other details vary and are sketchy at best....drag racers aren't too sharing with their 'secrets' :) HP is guestimated from times run and/or ballpark provided by owners.

Your 30 kg over std Gt4..
Would be close.. 1635Kg Soarer
and 1750 SL400..
The GT4 is quite a bit heavier than WRX's at 1270 Kg....

Your 30 kg over std Gt4..
Would be close.. 1635Kg Soarer
and 1750 SL400..
The GT4 is quite a bit heavier than WRX's at 1270 Kg....

Nope :) I'm 80kg LIGHTER than a standard GrpA GT4...i measured pre and post my conversion so no doubt at all. GT4 run all the way up to +1600KG but none i know of are lighter than the GT8 and even stock it was the pov pack with cloth seats etc so the lightest version.

GT4 is def heavier than equi year WRX...that's why a rex would fall apart and the GT4 would keep running for the win :)

Aha the WRX is still competing..
The Gt4 was 1440 Kg..
The GT4 had turbo issues and a particular driver rolled his constantly..
Even twice on same rally .. Thanks to Carlos...
The Evo's where about the same weight..
Yes the Iron block and transmission was quite heavy on Gt4's..