SUPRA 5 SPEED CRS BELLHOUSING WRONG ?!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mates

well its been a while since ive posted on here but i have jsut got my hand sona rebuilt supra 5 speed i believe its a w58 i ahve pics below for any guru's .

now my situation
2 years ago i bought the motor and the conversion kit with all receipts from a mate , i put the project off for a while and now ive got the gearbox and i went to check the bellhousing today and not even close to matching the holes and probably not enough meat on it to redrill them.

if anyone can help thatd be great maybe they supplied the wrong bellhousing orignally or maybe this box is wrong im not sure but it was bought for a supra 5 speed W series box.

the number in the casting is BH106

that doesn't at all look like a W58 and that belhousing from those pics the bellhousing does look like its for a W58, not that the 2nd part really counts for anything...

here are some pics of my w58 to give you an idea. granted im not useing a crs bellhousing, im useing the 1uz auto bellhousing with an adaptor.

IMG_0357.jpg

Inside.
IMG_0352.jpg

hey jake thanks foryour reply , that appears to be a w58 all alloy case box ? ive been told inthe past there was a steel case and alloy case so maybe my bellhousing was made for the alloy case not steel im still interested to know what my box is then it apears to have a nice short throw with the shifter it deifnately looks like a W series as i just had my other hilux box out a few weeks back but its not a hilux box.

have to work out my options i guess now if anyone has any advice let me know this box has been recoed so not really favouring throwing it in the bin maybe i can get a different bellhousing yet still use the rest of the conversion kit (flywheel , clutch) ?

ive just been told on toymods that it is a W50 gearbox so thats my problem,

does anyone knowif they are worth much money ive been told it was rebuilt, my mate bought it a while back when he was building a hilux with a 308 brock motor but his plans changed.

The bellhousing is or appears to be a W series. But I dont think that it is a W50 tranny. I've always thought that all W series tranny's had the same bellhousing pattern. I could be wrong though.

hmm tough one then , ive spotted on ebay a very similar looking box to mine the shifter is a little different that is all, its advertised as a supra 5 speed but thats all it says.

Im pretty sure (if you have a look on CRS website)that the BH 106 is the bell housing for the R154 box but you need the 30mm spacer as well to suit the 190mm input shaft.Does fit a R150?? i think.

It is deffinitly a W series Bellhousing (but only for the W56, 57,or 58) The R series tranny's do not use a lower center bolt nore have a dowl pin hole down there either.

Also just rememberd that the W50 has a different bolt pattern then the rest as does the W55. Chance are that the trans is infact a W50

That's a W50 steelcase as you have been told. Different BH pattern to the W58 unfortunately and worth bugger all....maybe get $150 if you are lucky as doesn't look rebuilt and with no reciept who would take the risk?

ive come across brand new w58 boxs on ebay for around $800 they are chinese apparently which makes me sceptical cause $800 is a lot to throw down the drain , would anyone recomend these and how much roughly would a rebuilt w58 cost ?

ive come across brand new w58 boxs on ebay for around $800 they are chinese apparently which makes me sceptical cause $800 is a lot to throw down the drain , would anyone recomend these and how much roughly would a rebuilt w58 cost ?

I never knew that there were any new chinese copies of the W58. I would be somewhat sceptical also. I think that I would look more at an original Asian unit rebuilt or having one built. As for the rebuild cost. It really depends on whats wrong to begin with.

What does the part number say on the inside of the bell housing??

Looks to me as BH106 which crs list as a turbo supra/coaster.

2102452427F_1998%20PearBrown%20Coaster%20Bus_Front.jpg

damn this thing has a W58 in it? and why would crs ever list it for there belhousing, do people really swap 1uzs into these things?

i did wiring of a 1uz in an older style coaster bus

bastard didnt pay thats y everyone else is paying extra hehehehe

they are a pain in the butt to work on and prob cruised ok but nothing exciting still a big big bloody brick

ok so i need a W58 ,

How much should i be looking at for a rebuilt one , howmuch for a none rebuilt one yet not broken and where from ?

like i said before there is a palce on ebay selling chinese units which are brand new for $770 but i dont know if iwant to risk $770 on it because im unsure of its quality.

hope sopme people can help

ps. sideshow whenever the hell i get this project ready to wire il give you a call haha

I saw these on a couple of flyers for toyota wrecking business's that were selling them(the new chinese boxes),unsure of quality,maybe a ring around of some wreckers may get you some info.