Supercharged Soarer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Guys,

This gentleman got my supercharger bracket and made himself a supercharged Soarer. Gianni Matrogiannis from Soarer Central put in a lot of work along with the FISH bracket. Here is what he stated: hey guys just got my car off the dyno. its got a Vortec V1 s trim supercharger in it. intercooler and microtech ecu. managed 206 rwkw on 5psi. the tuner said that the exhaust was way to small and was restricting. changing the exhaust tomorrow and boosting it to 15psi then back on the dyno. Suprisingly the tuner is confident that the engine will handle 15psi on standard compression. so TTs watch out hehe the car feels very strong right now but traction is gona be an issue.
I already have colder plugs. using NGK iridiams and ford au thermo fans. Manny the main reason why i modify my car is because i enjoy working on it. i did the supercharger set up my self. the turbo option did come to mind but custom exhaust manifolds is not something i think i can manage to make myself. by the way i get boost from just off idle even on 5psi. the reason i didnt use a PD blower is because of the fact that they are very hard to intercool. i have seen the PD blower kits people are using here and their limit seems to be 200kw. with a vortec and intercooling i should be able to reach atleast 240kw on 15psi. by the way my exhaust was restricting the car making further power so once i fix that up we will see the true potential of the system.

Absolutely fantastic work. I am so proud of him. Determination is the key....

Very nice to see another boosted xUZFE. Good effort. That said I hate to be pessimistic... but... 15psi is going to require a much smaller drive pulley. This in turn will lead to slippage and belt destruction. Looking at the edges of the belt on the car currently it looks very stressed. Additionally fueling a 15psi engine is another concern and finally preventing detonation.

For a 5psi project I believe he can continue to have fun. I would go with headers and a decent exhaust and be happy.

If he doesn't mind a LARGE amount of time money work frustration and more... then he can certainly pursue his dream of 15psi.

Once again, nice to see the project making power. 206rwkw is 276rwhp. A good exhaust with header should give it 300+rwhp. That is pretty strong power.

276 rwhp is good number. I wonder what would it be for another 2-3 psi. I think the stock injectors ( I am not sure what type of injectors he have) can handle 7-8 psi. It will be nice to see 300 rwhp.

John,

Do you think the top idler may be damaging the belt.

Have a look. The belt runs under (not over) the idler so the ribs of the pulley are running on the back of the belt.

Simple fix is replace the idler with a smoothe one.

wow good eye there, the tension right there doesnt look to be like a whole lot though.

Good project, car looks clean and ready for some spirited driving

That pulley is a must to create maximum contact with the supercharger pulley. I created this bracket about 3-4 years ago and Gianni got my original prototype. If you guys are interested in this bracket, please let me know.

I have the back of the belt running around the same ribbed pulley. Simple fix is to machine the ribs off the pulley to make it smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey lex thanks for the nice words. thats my car by the way. i already have headers on it with a full twin 2.5 inch exhaust. im running 440 injectors and a walbro fuel pump so the fuel system is good for much more power. to get it up to 15 psi i am having a custom crank pulley made up either 7.5 or 8 inch diameter. the belt looks stressed becaused it was damaged as i was testing the system (the supercharger wasnt 100 percent in line with the crank pulley). cobra i cant machine the ribbed pulley you are talking about because the ribs actually make up the pulley. if i was to machine them flat the pulley would fall apart. to achieve 15psi all i would need to do is move the supercharger forward by about an inch and install the new crank pulley. Not a big deal reallly and well worth it, on 15 psi it will make a massive amount of power. by the way the car made 206rwkw with a restrictive exhaust (fixed now) and with the auto abou to slip (had been on the dyno for about 2 hours) should make more power now

I'm guessing you used a normal rotation supercharger that on a domestic car would normally be put on the passenger (U.S.) side of the vehicle and the intake of the charger facing the engine. Not a reverse rotation supercharger that would have the intake facing the front of the car away from the engine from the passenger side and opposite on the driver side? Sorry if I made this more confusing then it should be. Anyways we seem to put the charger on the driverside which is opposite of mustang people thats why im kind of confused.