Stock Auto - wanting to get rid of factory ECU all together

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Gene FJ20DEBT

Hi,

Been trolling over this site for a few months now gathering info for a 1uzfe engine conversion into another car.
Just got a question about the auto gearbox’s. im looking at getting an aftermarket ECU to run the engine, which leaves me with the problem of the electronic auto. I know I can get the Adaptronic ECU and piggy back the stock ECU and run the auto like that. But im hoping for away to ditch all of the stock ECU all together, just to make life easyer. Can I get a manual shift kit put into the 1u auto gear box? will this alow me to ditch the auto ecu? Or a way of having a few push buttons to shift the gears manually?
(The car wont be used on the road so impracticality of push button shifting wont be a problem and probably a novelty :))

Any help would be appreciated. Or any links to some info online would be great
iv had a read of alot of the threads in here but nothing really gives me a yes no answer

Thanks
Gene

Attachments

• 12106 495.jpg
    12106 495.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 4
  • 12106 496.jpg
    12106 496.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 3
If you want to run no factory ecu for trans control then these are the options I have found.

The easiest option is to just remove the computer and use the shifter to change gears but you will only get 1st, 3rd and 4th. This is the failsafe mode of the gearbox.

The second option is just hook up two switches to the two solinoids and swich them in the correct pattern to change gears.

1st on off
2nd on on
3rd off on
4th off off

The third option, I have also come up with a way of connecting the selector switch to the solinoids via some diodes to effectively "Manualise" the gearbox (use the shifter to change gears) but I have not yet tested this circuit. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Fourth option. there is now some code avaliable that can convert a Megasquirt ECU into a transmission controller for full auto control. This is what I'm planning for my Hot rod except I'm designing a custom board to go inside the case of the Megasquirt that is controlling the engine.

cheers

Daniel

cheers Devojet

The second option is just hook up two switches to the two solinoids and swich them in the correct pattern to change gears.

1st on off
2nd on on
3rd off on
4th off off

how do u go about sececting N P and R ?

1uzvl - yeah.. the guys on PF said to ask here.. more chance of getting the answers im after

you still have to use the shifter for P N R and D. Once in D the switches then select the gear. One thing to remember is you won't get engine braking when in D. For example if you want engine braking when down shifting to 2nd you will have to move the shifter to 2 as well. This is the advantage of the third option where you use the shifter for all gears.

PM me an email address and I will send you some info on the gearbox and how it works.

I see you are in Brisbane I'm not too far away on the Gold Coast.

Cheers

Daniel