Starter??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JamesN

Anyone know the 1uz starter diagram?? I'm trying to bypass it to check if my starter is dead. The symptoms so far is that the battery is fine, but car wont start. There this click noise from starter everytime I turn the key assuming the cliking noise is that the starter trying to engage but car would not start. Any ideas?? thanks guys.

James, perhaps this diagram will help. Here is a Starter Diagram
attachment.php

Your starter probably just needs a backyard overhaul.

Mine was playing up (click, click etc), so I pulled it out, pulled it apart, and cleaned it up with the Dremel.

Got the contacts all smooth and clean, been perfect since.

Why overhaul it?
Its only 12-13 years old, and probably wasn't used for 3-4 years of that.
As long as it looks fine when you pull it apart there is no need to overhaul it.

95% of starter problems can be fixed for less than $5 (if you do the work yourself)

To replace the starter isn't the major task most think.

Sure it's fiddly but certainly not hard.

By lifting the whole upper an lower manifold it's quite easy.

its not hard, but a bit time consuming. Im a do it once, do it right sort of person. And considering having to buy all new gaskets again to get to the starter, i would rather go right through it.

Sure you can throw a set of contacts in it, but while you got it out your better off replacing the bearings and other parts while in the starter

New gaskets?

I've pulled the intake manifold off my motor at least a dozen times, if not more, and I'm still running on the factory gaskets.

Thats the benefits of metal gaskets.