Starter motor trouble Question?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

A few days ago I took my FJ80 Toyota Landcruiser up to the mountains to do some local snow skiing, powered up the mountains no problem to 7000 feet elevation...It drove great....

I Turned off the motor and went skiing for half a day, came back at mid afternoon and the car wouldn't start... I thought ok dead battery, bad alternator, maybe a alarm malfunction that is killing the ignition, and lastly maybe the starter motor and or cylinoid, but I was hearing no clicking when turning the key...

This is what I did next-

1) I got a jump start, no dice, no change...
2) Checked the alarm, battery connections, battery charge, etc.. All seemed good...
3) At this point I was getting nervous and desperate, no autoparts stores around and no tools either...
4) I then grabbed a metal rod from my jack kit, got under the car and banged the heck out of the starter motor...Bingo!!! The car cranked right up, I smiled and drove home...
5) If that hadn't of worked I would have ran a direct wire to the starter cylinoid from the battery as an absolute last desperate resort...Luckly it didn't get to that point...

Now, I have cranked the car maybe 40 times since and no problems, do you guys think I need to worry about this one time problem and change out the cylinoid or should I forget about it?

Maybe, but I dought it because it wasn't that cold....I was thinking there maybe one bad toothe on the flywheel that got the starter motor jambed....However, if that was the case I think I would hear a clicking noise when I turned the ignition ...

This is kind of a lame thread, but if im out on a date or something at night and that happens again it would suck.... Starter motor replacements are bank too like $175 just for the part and tough to get too...

210,000 miles and still going strong... I actually already replaced the starter motor a few years back, but went cheap and got a used one from the wreck yards off a newer model Cruiser...Don't know the miles it came off of.

I think I am good to go.. I figure if it happens one more time I will then change out the starter motor...If I am on a date and it happens, then hopefully my girl will be a team player and get under the truck with me....:alcoholic:

The contacts that carry the current are worn slightly. You vibrated it just enough to give continuity.

The time will come.