Standard Gearbox in 94 hilux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mshbks

Hey just after a little help in finding what gearbox is in my hilux and if it can be used with the 4l v8. It's a 94 2.4l diesel. Also if anybody has a list of parts that I will need to do the conversion and things to consider when selecting the engine that would be appreciated. Thanks.

We have done several. We sell mounts - listed on trade me - to use with a front sump. Either use crown, soarer or custom headers. Remote oil filter or rear sump filter looks the best although others can be used. crown remote puts the filter close to the chassis as does the front sump housing. You will need bellhousing or adaptor - clutch set up, flywheel, spigot bearing. radiator rebuilt will be fine with electric fan - sender unit needs to be added if running standard ECU. You will need management - either complete standard loom set up or aftermarket. Exhaust, rad hoses and all the little bits and pieces. Fuel pump along with fuel filters and hoses. The gearbox is most likely a G52 and is listed on your chassis tag under the bonnet. Plenty of these conversions run the standard box - just need to take it easy and run really good oil. If you want the tacho running then a petrol hilux one will do the job with your conversion. Changing the diff to a stretch the gearing may also be a good idea.
when buying a motor get one from a good wreaker with a warranty close to when you are ready to fit. We usually do a refab including rebuilt starter, alternator and powersteer pump, new cambelt, waterpump, tensioner, seals, bearings, service injectors, replace injector seals, spark plugs and check leads. Plenty done on here Cheers

It should have a G52 in it, you can use it with the V8 but they are known to break the R15#f from a V6 4Runner or T/D Surf are a much stronger box and probably a better choice