SSAutochrome Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
check this out... ouch....

A company called SSAutochrome and also goes by XS Power…

According to our investigation, evidence strongly supports the claim that they have been dumping inferior turbos into the U.S. market for prices so low it makes business for legitimate turbo dealers difficult. We lived and let lived until they stepped on our toes, now we’re going to use publicly available facts to expose them for what they are—a turbo dealer that is wrought with problems: 1) Integrity problems, 2) Quality problems, and 3) Customer service problems.

1. Integrity problem
Almost two years ago my company developed a high quality and reliable aftermarket upgrade turbo for DSM cars called the Evo 3 GT. Soon after releasing the product in January 2005 my dealers started receiving calls and emails from people complaining that their “Evo 3 GT” failed. These were customers from Ebay who said they bought an “Evo 3 GT” for a price that was different than my product's price. We investigated and discovered that another company was violating our common law trademark and calling their product by our name “Evo 3 GT.” They knew that they could benefit from the brand recognition we created for our aftermarket Evo 3 GT so they just started using our name. First offense.

We brought to their attention that their use of our name was confusing both our customers, and asked them to stop using our name. They ignored our request. Second offense.

Since they chose to continue to violate our name, they have forced us to put up this webpage to expose these people so that our customers will no longer be confused. On this page we will not draw any spurious conclusions, instead will only stick to the undisputable facts and testimoney from their real-life vicitims.

image001.png

that pic has been bandied roun the net for a couple of years an used to put down several cheap turbo sellers, I found ss autchrome to be great to deal with, but I only bought a set of headers from them so I cant really remark on their turbos, I have read on the net they are ok for the money but need close inspection of bearings/assembley

Like i said Lex, i have run a couple and seen a few more on others cars....never had any problems let alone something like this. Personally i think it's just a smear compaign from those that can't or are too greedy to price match.

who was doing the investigating? because they can sue for the use of their trademark.

That is certainly more concerning than some random web gossip David. Is it that i have been lucky or that you were unlucky? I guess the only advice i can offer to those looking at these products is investigate closely what you are looking to buy and at the end of the day it is very much a case of buyer beware on the Web.

I have purchased twice thru sss and they have done all I asked of them. I think their product is not of high quallity and you get what you pay for. My T70 from them has lasted over 12 months now and all seems ok. I just could not afford the $2000 roller from the local dealers!!!!:happysad: :happysad: :happysad:

Attachments

• Image(167) (Medium).jpg
    Image(167) (Medium).jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Image(168) (Medium).jpg
    Image(168) (Medium).jpg
    105 KB · Views: 0
  • Image(169) (Medium).jpg
    Image(169) (Medium).jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
I have used SSAutochrome multiple times, and have had nothing but good luck with them, at outstanding prices.
I have had an order, which I ordered incorrectly, and 1 order they shipped incorrectly. They took care of both of them. It took a little bit of back N forth with E-mails, but they took care of it 100%.
The SSAutochrome turbos are exact copies of garret turbos, and I bet a good % of failure is installer errors.

Attachments

• Cluster.JPG
    Cluster.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 34
i know putting on a turbo isnt exactly rocket science. which also has nothign to do with the turbines being chipped when you get it. although your right, i bet there is SOME decent SS stuff. as in 1/50 maybe

I've seen nothing but junk from SSautochrome/xspower/Motoria(?) et.c different names, same junk.

We've got some SP67 copies here, 10 to be exact. We've had 4 of them installed so far, and 3 where dead within 1000Km. The 4th is now installed on the car and driving around.. allready blowing out smoke again. The owner is now saving for a real turbo.

We had these turbo's checked out at a turbo rebuilder, and he said the quality of the turbo's is really bad. There's only a 270 degree thrustbearing installed in stead of 360 degree. And the materials used are just to cheap.

I’ve seen stock Toyota CT-26 compressor housing split in half, due to trying to shim the wastegate. Basically pulling on the housing in an unnatural way.
To think the aluminum casting split because of 20-30psi is just inaccurate. The turbos PSI didn't split the housing. The charge pipe or something pulling on it caused the crack.

360-degree thrust bearings are relativity new. All Toyota turbos come with 270 degree-thrust bearing, as did all turbos up until a few years ago. I purchased a $1500 Turbonetics T3/T4 turbo and it has a 270-degree thrust bearing.
Also a turbo blowing smoke is usually a problem with the oil draining from the turbo. It's mounted to low, and the oil can't drain properly, the oil supply is too large, or the drain isn’t large enough.
All of which I would consider installer error.

In my opinion the chargepipe cannot crack the housing. There is a slamp holding the chargepipe on the housing, and that clamp also gives extra strength to the whole housing. It kinda keeps it together, so i don't think thats the problem. What i do think is the problem, is that the turbo's are so badly balanced, that they just rip itself apart.

The turbo in my case is defenitly installed correct. Also i just heard that the turbo doesn't even boost more than 1PSI anymore, it just make zooming sounds and spits out oil. Another one bites the dust...

I’ve seen stock Toyota CT-26 compressor housing split in half, due to trying to shim the wastegate. Basically pulling on the housing in an unnatural way.
To think the aluminum casting split because of 20-30psi is just inaccurate. The turbos PSI didn't split the housing. The charge pipe or something pulling on it caused the crack.

360-degree thrust bearings are relativity new. All Toyota turbos come with 270 degree-thrust bearing, as did all turbos up until a few years ago. I purchased a $1500 Turbonetics T3/T4 turbo and it has a 270-degree thrust bearing.
Also a turbo blowing smoke is usually a problem with the oil draining from the turbo. It's mounted to low, and the oil can't drain properly, the oil supply is too large, or the drain isn’t large enough.
All of which I would consider installer error.

In my opinion the chargepipe cannot crack the housing. There is a slamp holding the chargepipe on the housing, and that clamp also gives extra strength to the whole housing. It kinda keeps it together, so i don't think thats the problem. What i do think is the problem, is that the turbo's are so badly balanced, that they just rip itself apart.

The turbo in my case is defenitly installed correct. Also i just heard that the turbo doesn't even boost more than 1PSI anymore, it just make zooming sounds and spits out oil. Another one bites the dust...

ah yes, what a great use of a cliche.

noone should buy anything from a company that doesnt offer quality parts. even OK isnt good enough for your car. it must be high quality and reliable.

When i was looking at chargers for my friend.

SS auto t04e = $200+ ship
Garrett t04e = $600 + ship

not saying everyhting, but the generalization is that the SS auto will crap out in way under a year, the garrett counter part should (and has proven) to last longer than that.

that extra length of time for the money spent on it is more than enough piece of mind.

i cant change your mind, but you cannot hide from the fact that a lot of SS auto turbo's have failed.

now i have heard of their intercoolers work just fine. but anythign that has mechanical moving parts... seems to fail more than their "non-style" counter part

Sorry guys, I disagree.
From now on, only purchase $2000 turbos so you know your getting a quality part.

it doesnt have to be 2 grand, it just needs to be high quality and reliable. only buying a 2 grand turbo is stupid, and just because its expencive doesnt mean it will be reliable.