Smt

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Cobra

This looks the goods. Has anybody had any experience with this product?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brett,

I had a good cruise of their Website.

The Ignition side looks like it can drive 6 x 16ohm injectors.

Assuming it can run 8 that would give 12ohm capacity.

I've emailed the Site seeking information on:

a) will it work on a 1UZ with Karmen Vortex AFM.
b) Can we swap the KV AFM.
c) will it work with FI
d) If it won't work on the engine what about the PRS-8 which is a stand alone product they sell.

Lastly I was brave and asked for some prices.

If it works we need to try the GB.

I notice the Sydney Agent is in the south-west.

Rod

I have a new mechanic who looks after my fleet cars. He seems to know alot about these and says there is a new version coming out very soon.

Apparently he has done alot of different conversions on 4WD's, his latest being a Twin Turbo 1UZ into a Toyota Landcruiser which he claims is a stomper. He installed one of these with the standard computer. I am taking leave for 3 weeks and I will check it out more in depth when I come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zuffen said:
The Ignition side looks like it can drive 6 x 16ohm injectors.

Assuming it can run 8 that would give 12ohm capacity.

Actually 8 x 20ohm injectors for the units rated 5.4A @ 14.4v (6 x 16 ohm). The 1UZs injectors are 13.6ohm so will draw 8.4A @ 14.4v if they run off one injector driver.

Also make sure that the unit can handle the trigger setup of the 1UZ, it mentions missing tooth crank signals but not crank with cam sync signals.

smt6 broshure

hi Guys dont download the product broshure zip file my antivirus says its a virus. Have emailed the company to warn them.

Regards
Lambo

I've got one on my 3vz-fe. Just posted in the MAF to MAP thread... I'llt ry to answer what I can.

c) will it work with FI
Yes...
How much is that unit and can it convert maf to map?
They all can modify any analog 0-10v signal in 19mV incrimants.
They also modify frequency based signals.
(They can't convert one to another)
d) If it won't work on the engine what about the PRS-8 which is a stand alone product they sell.
Take some good advice (mine). PP put about 99% of the very non-exstant support they have into the SMT line. Their stand-alones are good, but if it's not an easy engine to work on forget them. Buy an EMS, or Haltec.

Prices for SMT-6's seem to fluxuate between $280-350 USD. Right now they're high. Before Christmas they were down to $280. They'll fall again...

MaxPower - Keep in mind I use mine on Toyota's most lieniant OBD-I ECU (3vz-fe in an ES 300/Camry) The NE signal (crank) not synching up with the G1, or G2 (#1tdc, #6 tdc) doesn't really affect anything.

Does it in your ODB-II ecu's, or does anyone else know?

ToysRme,

I note your using your SMT on a 3vz-fe.

Does your engine use a Von Karman Vortice (VKV for short) AFM?

If it does use a VKV does your ECU use a voltage input from it or a dual voltage and square wave frequency signal?

The 1UZ has a most difficult AFM to play with.

I have some experience with the smt6.
It works ok when it works. But I have experienced alot of problems when setting them up. Its worth the money, but far from the best piggyback I have seen.

Lextreme: There are very few piggybacks that can convert map to maf. Apexi power fc d-jetro and hks vpc are the ones I have seen.

Zuffen sorry. Air-flow meter (Vane-flaps) are voltage only. 3vz's use them.
The 5vz-fe's use MAF's so, there isn't any good thing to tell you there. I know you're on Autospeed. Try the airflow meter bypass a few articles back with your stock map.

In lew of the fact you told me a KV is both voltage, and frequency based, none of the SMT's are going to be able to to anything for it. (It's one or the other, not both:\ ) Don't blame the MAF LoL! It's not the MAF's fault, it's the ECU that doesn't want to use the signal)
LS 400 MAF/MAP's are used fairly often on 3.4L 4runner/tacomas when people can't <cough> afford <cough> a supra MAP.

If you want most of the documentation to one, hit me up on AIM and I'll send them to you.

200sx-v8 what piggybacks are better other than a Unichip?

smt6 info

Hi Zuffen, Idid finally get the product info in a pdf, have sent it to David this morning, if you want a copy let me know it is about 1mb lots of detail
Regards
Lambo

Email them to me at [email protected] I may as well play with them at work and stop it eating into my play with the car time!

VKV AFM's appear t be a real problem. I looked at the bypass but you needed the Digital Fuel Adjuster (DFA) and Julian told me his was on a late model LS400. It won't work on our early engines.

There's an interesting article on SONIC (Soarer owners (something or other) in Canada) about using a 1UZ AFM on a Soarer and adding bigger injectors to compensate. Seems to work.

As I use slightly bigger (around 20%) injectors I though it may be worth seeing what a 20% increase in airflow (not through the AFM) would do to the performance.

Try www.suprasonic.org or a derivative.

I think the address is under a thread further down. Fooling the ECU.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 23
well i know the mk3 supra guys use 1uz afm's on their 7mgte's....

As far as i know, HKS VPC's are discontinued.... and the apexi unit, well, never heard of that before...

i've done my research and have chose my piggyback already... the MAP-ECU... one of our members here is a dealer... Daniel from ESP Racing in canberra. He's used them before and with his results, i'm sure they can't be too shabby...

also, it can convert afm (karman vortex also) to MAP... bonus!

R-Jay,

Could you tell us more about the unit and any idea on costing.

I'm curently looking at Kalmaker as an option. I need to sort out a V8 cap & Rotor to go on our distributor. Once that's done things will be much easier.

The advantage of Kalmaker is it runs knock sensing and MAP plus has all the usual OEM drivability benefits.