Show me your LS400 BFIs!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

accelerated

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct place (moderators), so please move if necessary!

Having read about the BFI modification, I thought it would be a nice and cheap mod to get me started with my '95 LS400.

I was wondering if any LS owners who have successfully done this could post up pictures of their results to give me some inspiration.

The search function seems to bring up old threads that aren't available any more or pictures with broken links.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
The sc400 is most documented for the BFI because it has a direct air path to the airbox. The LS does not, and relies on the intake scoop that routes above the radiator. What you could do is to cut a 3" hole in the engine bay floor, just behind the pass. side headlight and route a pipe under the headlight that would be fed by airflow from the bumper inlet. I dont have any pics but its pretty straightforward. Just fab a 4 bolt adaptor plate for your MAF sensor and run the pipe.

Thanks for the reply.

So are you suggesting getting rid of the standard airbox completely?

I forgot to mention that I don't mind taking out the N/S dim light altogether for airflow, but looking around that area of the engine bay it still looks difficult to get a good cold airbox effect.