one for sideshow

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

now...on swap..cant find enough info..but would a lack of speedo input to ecu cause funny idle problems?ie dying on over run as you come to a stand still?

i dought it,but...

oh gen 2 ls400 1995..

yes..but..would it not (as getting no signal input from speedo sensor) just assume its stationary and hense still not allow idle to die?

my reconing is that if you rev car up in neutral it wont die..no speedo input as going nowhere,so if no speedo input when moving same result..it wont die as it thinks its stationary..

thats my theory anyway..but hey i could be wrong..

"my reconing is that if you rev car up in neutral it wont die..no speedo input as going nowhere,so if no speedo input when moving same result..it wont die as it thinks its stationary.."

i ment there if its working properly,mine will die when stationary

half my swaps dont have speedo signal connected or brake signal connected if manual
never had probs due to that
ilde probs are usually mechanical
hey u have wired up 27 so far u should know if it needs it or not
or are u one that can wire up but dont quit understand how the ecu works or finds it hard to diagnose which u only gain from years of experience
hahahahahahahaahah

just fit a speedo sensor
they r only 100 to 150 bucks
its better to have one if its yr car
if its customers and they r tight like mine then they wont pay to get the sensor fitted

Dunno which one of us you're getting at there Jim but my preference is to try and wire up as close to OEM as is possible to make any future diagnosis for any probs that may occur further on down the track a simple matter, but even if it is OEM in the original car that seems to be an issue in WA..

I build the price of the speed sensor where one needs to be fitted into the wire up price and while not upto 27 I'm getting close to that (inc repairing stuff ups that have been made using the over the counter "Plug and play" looms)

half my swaps dont have speedo signal connected or brake signal connected if manual
never had probs due to that
ilde probs are usually mechanical
hey u have wired up 27 so far u should know if it needs it or not
or are u one that can wire up but dont quit understand how the ecu works or finds it hard to diagnose which u only gain from years of experience
hahahahahahahaahah

i not wired up 27???

not having it connected as you say should not cause problems....but wanted to be sure...hense ask you mr sideshow..

i recon tis tb and hense tps cocked up,due to being twidled before i got...hense other post after setting up to factory spec on here...(mrs dumped my factory manual..nice of her eh!)

i thought u (zed) said u had wired up 27 1uzs so far in a previous post maybe i missread something anyway i was just being smart ass hehee
hey samsdad do u do this for a living or do u do it on the side
ill forward u all my wanker customers) heheheh) and see if u can get the to fork out 1500 bucks to wire up everything properly
this is the reason i might be getting out f this industry
every cock wants everything cheap
ive had to fix some 1uzs over the past 10 years with minor issues so i know what is needed
when u do this for a living u have to decide how to do the job
price has to be low enough so u dont scare the customer
quality has to be good enough so it doesnt fail
and u cannot take 2 days when u quoted for one days work
now i can do these with my eyes shut and hands tied behind my back
but it still takes time luckily i know a fair bit of the wiring in surfs and hiluxs and most toyotas of the top of my head which helps
i know i dont need the spd sig and bk sig because of all the problems ive had to fix was never due to these unless its auto
my crown 1uz with 2 ecus cost me 600 bucks in parts to get the speed signals wired accurately imagine if i told that to a customer they would tell me to g f myself
this is why i love doing work for some shops over here
they want everythign to be perfect like factory and money isnt really a problem
this is because they know no one can do the 1hdte diesel conversion wiring like i do
and he is trying to figure out what to do when i move to qld heheheheheeh

i dont understand some people logic
when something is wrong adjsut tps
or u read on forums on how to fix probs they say adjust tps hehehehehee
there are afew screws on the 1uz throttle body i tell people to never fking touch em
all u need to do is test tps if its ok leave it
if u played with screws in throttle body thro wit away and fit another untouched one
once u adjsut em it will never be the same
there are also afew other reasons these motors run funny and its not electrical all the time so from now on i have to stop swearing at my customers and just tell them bring it to me which is what im telling u hehehehe pity yr abit far away :)
i try to screen all my calls and emails these days to many wankers out there trying to steal my info once i have to screen things too much i will get out of the game

hey samsdad I'm not being rude when i asked if u do this for a living
just asking so I know if u get customers like me
or if it's a hobby
don't tallke it wrong way

no..this is my only one...(had another one in same car..so i suppose 2,though i never fired that one up,as i got offered this gen 2 engine with bugger all mileage on it for £80,so pulled the 1st 250kmiler out)

now i do fix engines and the like for a living...but they are all diesels,in 7.5t+trucks and plant machinery...no petrols,infact this is my first petrol powered car since i was 17..now 46...
current work project is making 10 year old sweeper (road cleaner) as new,fitting all hydrolics/electronics etc onto brand new chassis...i know my stuff,(infact there are 2 of us who sort these sweepers..we are better than the factory now...)

but toyota petrol is new to me..i will work it out,but expert advice is always welcome..

see i now found info on speedo sensor re toyota obd1 ecu's...it dont need it,(for my application)only relys upon it to switch iacv on when at stand still.(+as you say gearbox,but mine manual)

so thats ruled out...untampered tb...might as well be looking for fairy shit here..lol..

oh..the reason i asked you..was cos you the only person on here who i can rely upon giving a correct answer...

thats assuming you give any answer that dont start with "fuck off,work it out yourself"(or similar)...(that ain't ment as critism..i suspect you quite similar to me..you sound it...)

I can understand where Sideshow is coming from, I try not to help people on fourms any more, they either dont take the advice that is given to them, or like in a recent case, they edit their posts so what you said makes no sence.

Out of interest what does the speed sensor do in a 1UZ, all my experience is in Holdens, where the speed sensors main job, other then running the speedo, is idle control on decel, and to control some fuel modes.

on most ecus its mainly for cruise mixtures but never really studied what spd sig does on a 1uz if its manual
ive never really had any issues
ive got a 1uz to wire up in a hiace at moment
nice simple mail order loom and once he gets the loom back ill tell him where to find the wiring in the hiace to match it to the 1uz loom
i dont mind helping on the phone for an hour or so if i did the loom
this is what i try to explain to people that if i do the loom u get phone support
if i dont and u ring me u get my ass support hahahahahahah
anyway in afew years hopelly ill be to old to hang out on forums and ill have another passtime thing to do

hey samsdad I'm not being rude when i asked if u do this for a living
just asking so I know if u get customers like me
or if it's a hobby
don't tallke it wrong way

Yes Jim I do it for a living and I had customers like you a long time before when I did dyno tuning for a bit. As you will know you can pick them a mile off (the ones with no $$.. The dreamers) You'd agree the stress bloody near does you in