Scan Gauge . . Ultra Gauge

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

Has anybody used a ScanGauge or an UltraGauge ? ... their both instruments that read lots a data from the UBDII port, but what I'm interested in is their fuel consumption data. Where as in-car fuel computer measures litres per hundred km's (or in the US gallons per hundred miles ?).. these little babies measure milli-litres per one km
so it will give you instantaneous usage. So, it will tell you straight away if any mod you've done will use more or less fuel.... which is cool because my LS project for the next couple of years is to get the most possible HP with the least amount of fuel used. So when i get my digital fuel adjuster up and running, exhaust mods, removing engine fan etc, it will tell me on the spot if i'm using more or less fuel.
So yeah.... maybe there's some Lexus addicts out there who've used such gauges.
Actually there's another one, the MPGuino, which taps into one injector and the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) and gives instantaneous fuel readouts based on injector & VSS time and from what ive read, is more accurate than the ScanGauge and UltraGauge.
Now ive been told by UltraGauge.com that unless you have a sticker in the engine bay that states that your 'OBDII compliant' their gauges wont work, even though you may have the OBDII port.... and Australian import cars don't have that sticker.... it seems to be a US thing.
So, is there anyone out there using these gauges on a 1UZ or LS400 ?

1uzs didnt have obd2 till 98 ish
why waste yr time on shit like that anyway

just get a proffesional air fuel meter and sensor

ring a proffessional tuner a good one not a crappy 2 minute tune type
and ask them that u want 600 horspower and u want to be able to
drive 800 kms on a 60litre tank
they should say yer come in and have a coffee and we can discuss it all heheheheheeh

usa made a law that no domestic car manufacturer or importer can import a car without it being obd2 compliant and this happened sometime in the 90s i think
this is y u dont see gtr skylines and 1 and 2j factory cars there

they also go sick of every car having a different diagnostic plug
so each time a car came out the mechanical shops had to buy new adpater for their scanners so they said every car had to have an obd2 plug

Instantaneous fuel usage gauge

Hi sideshow. I have an AFR, a Dynotec wideband commander with 10 minute data logger and an Autometer EGT gauge. They work perfectly but they don't tell me what i want to know. I want to know if i take the engine fan off, will it improve fuel economy or not, I want to know if i leave it in top gear on certain long hills will going back to 4th use more or less fuel, and I want to know that any mod i do to the car or motor, what effect does that have on the immidiate fuel usage. and there are several gauges on the market that do just that. The Scan Gauge, Ultra Gauge that read off the OBDII port, there's the supposedly more accurate MPGuino that taps into an injector and a VSS (vehicle speed sensor) and the platforms that use the iPhone as the dash, the OT-2 and Dash Command ..... and another beauty, the Dash Dyno which, like some of the others have HP and torque read-outs as well as 0-60 & quarter mile times.
Now they may all be a bit of a wank but they all work, they all tell you the info that your want to know.... and above all, I just love playing with Hi-Tech toys.
So yeah, accurate instantaneous fuel usage is what i'm after right now, so i was hoping some Lextreme guys might be into these kind of instruments.
:)

Attachments

• Ultra Gauge.jpg
    Ultra Gauge.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Scan Gauge.jpg
    Scan Gauge.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 15
  • OT-2 wideband.jpg
    OT-2 wideband.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 2
  • MPGuino.jpg
    MPGuino.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Dash Command iPhone app.jpg
    Dash Command iPhone app.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Auterra Dash Dyno.jpg
    Auterra Dash Dyno.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 3
Obdii

Oh by the way... my '98 LS has a 16 pin OBDII plug under the steering column but its still at the panel shop being fixed so i haven't been able to plug my code reader/scanner in to see just what protocol its running and how far 'advaced' it is in the OBD issue.
The Lex is on the home stretch, all the straightening, beating and painting is finished, they just have to put it all back together.... woo-hoo...
12 months its been :(

My girlfriend has a '02 Peugeot 307... the check engine light has been on for years... we've had the 'check engine' issue checked twice during servicing... they've charged us $75 each time to turn off the light but it keeps coming on again so i bought an Autel MS509 for $75 on Amazon, pluged it in turned off that stupid annoying light.... it was a faulty VSS, vehicle speed sensor, there's one on each wheel but it doesn't tell me which one, the local Peugeot shop wont help me in the slightest, they wont tell me how to check each sensor... they just "you'll have to bring it in and let the experts look at it" GRRRRRRRRR one new sensor is $147 AUS.... i got on the net, i can buy 4 sensors from somewhere and have them delivered to my front door for cheaper than one from Peugeot Australia... poofters!!!!
anyway, another thing the code reader told me was in live view, its showing TP 85%... so no matter how hard i push the throttle, it will only reach 85%... which could explain why its soooooooo slooooowwww
on hills..... i walked into my friendly local Peugeot dealer to ask if they had any surgestions or had they come across this before and all they'd say was "you'll have to bring it in blah-blah-blah" so no help what so ever..... its got a fly-by-wire throttle so buggered if i know.....

Attachments

• 22 010.jpg
    22 010.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 22 012.jpg
    22 012.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 22 014.jpg
    22 014.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 0
why not just read injector pulse
or buy a really expensive fuel used meter
reads fuel to and from motor

dash command is ok but only works on
afew manufacturers in Australia

anyway best way to get fuel economy is
change diff ratio
I lost 60 Klms in full tank travel
when I went from 4.3 to 3.7
they don't like load on them they like revs
I think the minimal fuel saved with be fk all
I have a 5000 dollar scanner and that only tells
me afew things when reading live data on a 1 uz
obd2 has a million more info so it's way ahead of
the 1 uz data
I would find a way to convert fuel injector pulse
to fuel flow then to fuel used maybe
anyway a lot of that testing is not perfect
even the hp and torque readings there's always
small variables so unless u put yr car on a dyno
to compare which is crap anyway since how do
u know if dyno is accurate
I used to own a g meter awhile ago and threw it in bin
as it was hard to get consistent numbers in the street

dash command won't work on yr obd2 lexus
I've tried on 5 toyotas I also bought rev app
and was pissed off it only works on USA based cars
like fords n Holden's no jap cars
that's y u need many more tools which I have 6 now
to scan all types of cars
also nothing wrong with Peugeot it telling u anything
we all have to make a living in life and pay the bills
unfortunately some wankers on here not u don't understand
that heheheheheh

Hi sideshow.... don't you go to bed ? ... yeah well the MPGuini takes injector pulses and VSS pulses and from what ive been told its the most accurate so that's the one i'll probably go for.

And yeah, i like the Dash Dyno, you have to put in all the vehicle parametres, gear ratios, number of gears, diff ratio, size of motor etc...
I know its not perfect but it doesn't have to be.... if i'm using it to compare something ive done to the car and then seeing if your 0-60 time is faster or slower or your HP or torque is better or worse, then the actual figure isn't really important.....
Have you heard of the MPGuini ?

I just remembered
most 1uzs have a wire which is off one of the injector triggers
normally the yellow wire
so this must goto some module in dash to measure fuel used
my 2003 Camry has small clock in middle it u can also select
fuel usage
the value is liters per 100 I guess and changes instantly
but camry is obd2 so maybe do search for fuel injector pulse
or duty to fuel used converter

qld is an hour behind so nof as late as nsw hehehe
havnt heard of the mpguini
might look into it
I need a bigger car with all the scan tools I have now
hebehe

Yeah i understand we all have to make a living, but considering we bought the Peugeot new from there, $32,000 and before i moved in with my girlfriend she spent $2,500 on a major service and she has spent probably a couple of grand there in the 10 years since she bought it from there, i thought they'd be a bit more accomodating..... i looked at the invoice on the major service she got and they charged her $375 for a pair of genuine Peugeot front brake pads..... you know, there've done VERY WELL out of Robyn...they know me and her.. there've known us for 10 years.... and when i asked them something they basically said "we're not going to tell you anything, bring it in so we can work on it"
Now to talk about a different culture.... I ring one of the tech's at Chatswood Lexus.... i pester him a bit asking about this and that.... he's always helped me....he likes talking to me... he reckons Lexus owners are boring to talk to.... i ring up and talk about sway bars, paddleshifters, superchargers, LSD's, drifting,.... i asked him once did he know if the 245kmh speed limiter worked ..... "why do you need to know that"....i replied "well arnt you interested to know if its bullshit ?"
"never thought about it" he said... i told him i was going for a drive following a group of about 12 sports bikes fro the weekend and the cars gunna get a full workout and the speed limited will be tested.....
he wanted a full report !!!! as far as he knows, knowbody's fully tested a '98 model..... to cut a long story short, the '98 LS400 is not a sports car and it doesn't like being treated as one..... it likes being driven like a Lexus !!!! at one stage on the way home i lost the power steering .... it split the return line and the PS fluid was boiling.... and i mean boiling..... so, as we speak, i've just bought a trasmission cooler on ebay $15 and its a big one 280x220 and i'm looking for a small cooler for the PS.
One time i asked him if he thought i could put paddle shifters on the LS... "leave it with me"... i thought id never hear back... 2 days later he rang and talked at length about the several ways to do it... he even faxed wiring diagrams out of the factory workshop manual..... i tell ya, he couldnt be helpfull enough.... now i know he's an exception to the rule, but i would always give him my buisness.... i will never go back to gosford peugeot... EVER !!!

Oh yeah.... that's another thing that pisses me off....
These stupid zero point generators... These guys are selling perpetual
motion machines with no hard copy !!! not one piece of paper showing
a simple test that says it can produce this much power.... here it is,
here's the test apparatus we used.... GRRRRRRR... it just pisses me off !!
.... You've got me worked up now.... I mean here's our government and
probably yours too shutting down web sites for this and that reason
and here's these wankers selling bullshit in broad daylight.... and lets
face it, it should be illegal to sell bull***** but it's not.... these guys are
selling caned bull***** with no warranty, no 'use by' date, no money
back guarantee....
... Wank Wank money in the Bank....
i'm not sure what that means but it sounds good...
Oh and what about these hi-tech sounding things......
"Radionuclide-fueled thermoelectric generator "
...and "Magnetism Magnets motor"
.Ive included some pretty pictures... you be the judge...

Attachments

• Liquid nitrogen generator.jpg
    Liquid nitrogen generator.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 10
  • magnetism magnets motor.jpg
    magnetism magnets motor.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Quantum zero point field.jpg
    Quantum zero point field.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 10
  • zero point generator.jpg
    zero point generator.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 9
Here's what Ultra Gauge said about your 'pin chart':

That is just the standardized pin out and not specific to your vehicle.

Best Regards,
UltraGauge pre-sales support

>
> Pin 2 - J1850 Bus+
> Pin 4 - Chassis Ground
> Pin 5 - Signal Ground
> Pin 6 - CAN High (J-2284)
> Pin 7 - ISO 9141-2 K Line
> Pin 10 - J1850 Bus
> Pin 14 - CAN Low (J-2284)
> Pin 15 - ISO 9141-2 L Line
> Pin 16 - Battery Power
>

unless they can confirm 100% it works on lexus i would not go near it
all these people just sell the product and know bugger all abou ttesting
like i said they are all based on usa cars so holden and ofrd perfect
everything else is hit n miss

u will probably get no proper answer anyway as they will be covering their ass
so if u buy it and it doesnt work u cant return it

have u googled anything regarding who has tested it on a toyota or lexus

MPGuino

What do you think of the MPGuino ? I know you haven't heard of it , so i guess i'm asking you about their concept of splicing into one injector wire and one VSS wire...