Project Thread sc400 with M90 and water/air intercooler

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SuperRunner

Here we go!!!!

I dont have the intercooler yet, but it will sit behind the supercharger. Now I need to get the idle control valve, cold start injector, and EGR valve mounted.

sc_manifold1.jpg

sc_manifold2.jpg

sc_manifold3.jpg

sc_manifold4.jpg

sc_manifold5.jpg

sc_manifold6.jpg

sc_manifold7.jpg

I belive it is a T-bird. Nice shorty supercharger to allow for the intercooler.

I am not sure if I will duct the air straight down under the intercooler, or if I will run two 2" pipes along the manifold and duct them into the front of the manifold. Either way, I hope to have it done by next weekend.

Today I build the outlet from the SC. I will weld the water/air intercooler directly to the outlet to help save room.

I also mounted the idle control valve, tacked up the intake pipe, mounted the cold start injector(underneath).

I still need to mount the EGR valve which will be in a similar location as the idle valve, just on the opposite side. Then I need to move the upper idler pully about an inch to the right so the belt will clear the thermostat housing. After that I should be about ready to go.

BUT, what do you guys thing about the belt? Is that going to be ok? It comes up from the idler pully, to the SC, then down to the air conditioner.

sc_manifold8

sc_manifold9

The belt will be fine as long as you replace the idler pulley with a smooth or slightly crowned pulley as the exiting one will eat the belt in no time.

Thanks!

Here is my idler pully, it worked out REALLY WELL. It needs a little cleanup around the top though. You guys might be interested in what I used. It is a 2J timing belt idler pully and bracket. It allows me to still have access to the stud just behind it. Now I need to go get a 113" belt.

sc_manifold10.jpg

sc_manifold11.jpg

got part of the intercooler done last night. I found out after I put it on the car I got the angle a little wrong, so it goes higher towards the back bringing it up a little too high. Probalby a 20min fix or so. I like how it is turning out though.

sc_manifold13.jpg

Certainly different and i'll give you credit for having a crack :) I love the lower part of your manifold and will do something similar i think for my revised intake Part II.

It'll be interesting to see how the distribution between cylinders goes...and full noise it'll probably be fine but part transitions might pose a prob?

Is there a bypass valve in there somewhere?

I will see if I have time to hook it up to my flow bench tonight and get some numbers. I am really crunched for time.

Just in front of the inlent on the manifold, there is a 1 1/2" nipple for the bypass. I am going to try using a greddy type S BOV. If it doesn't work I will have to order a bypass.

Yeah, I actually referenced your setup for the direction of flow.

Did you have both lines hooked up? And how tight was it? I removed one of the two springs, and decreased the adjuster the min.

I am a little concerned about the rear runners though. Because the air is being forced directly at them, I wonder what effect that my have on the amount of air that gets to the cyl. Might want to be a little lean. Thinking about a baffle maybe.

what you guys think?

Very nice! I'd like to see more and more boosted SC400. I think you'll need a hood vent for sure to fit the intercooler. 9 psi on the SC400 will make it a beast. That's the thing about the 1UZ is it becomes realy torquey when being boosted.