SC400 Twin Turbo Selection

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
yes riste, lex is right..the less you need to move, the better off you are.. youl save time and money..i am lucky enough to have a small shop, and alot of tools and equipment..so relocating some of the stuff to me wasnt that bad.. but without my tools and shop, relocating anything would be a challenge.. so try and keep it simple.. there are manys ways to turbo, do as much research as you can before you decide what would be the best/least amount of trouble for you..
this is the perfect forum for talking about it.--im sure there will be alot of guys watching your progress..so keep us informed..

Ok after a really long day of bitching, yelling, calculating, screaming, drinking, in stinking hot 36 degree weather... the final turbo setup / Turbocharger has been chosen.

We decided its going to be Single TurboI so I rang the supplier today and ordered a GT42/45R rated at 900hp.

We expect to make umm... ALOT of power heheh - wish us luck!

You must have been working really really hard to actually believe it was 36 degrees in Melbourne! Maybe for 10 mins... yes, followed by pouring rain, hail, snow, wind etc etc.
;)

Thats one big turbo LTLRKT and with a 1.05 turbine (presume u chose that over the 1.22) will be very laggy but will have one HUGE topend!! Cant wait to see the results.

Also the yellow celica over here in west oz was using methanol to get the HP and boost out of a stock engine, 15 psi is a BIG ask on a stock comp engine using pump fuel. The 1UZ in the celica only failed due to the owner doing a little testing at the track - it was tuned for a bout 25psi of boost but while at a test and tune day just wound the boost until something popped, head bolts. Last i heard it now has new studs and is up and running again.

Honestly speaking i think the GT42 is physically too big to be place in front of your engine. For the hp you wanted, the GT40R (ball Bearing) would do the job. Its rated at 750 and will fit into the given space. From the pictures below. GT42 is larger than GT40 and GT40 is larger then T70. Even T70 will be very tight. Dont forget you will need at least 2-2.5" for the electric fan/s.

Here is the GT42 (left) & GT40 (right):
Picture%20002.jpg

Here is a comparison between T70 and GT40
attachment.php

Here is my T70:

Yes ive gone for the 1.05 a/r, expecting to see good boost by 4500RPM. Lex what boost did you run? At what RPM did your T70 start making boost, and what RPM did u get full boost?

We are looking at running stupid boost into this thing (25psi+ is the new plan) so any info on what needs to be strengthened on these engines other than obviously pistons, would be verry helpful. They just sound so tuff that i dont want to be upgrading things that dont need it.

Crank: im assuming will be more than fine for over 500kw (about 700HP) at the wheels, if not i can have one made.
Pistons: Ross Forged - As per group buy at 8.5:1 compression should be more than fine.
Also thermo coating the pistons.
Rods: i have been told they are good for close to 1100HP, Please advise?

As for the heads, other than a port n polish? i know very little about these. Im assuming bare minimum a set of uprated springs to hold anything over 20-25psi? Please Advise? Set of cams i will have custom made to suit the engine setup at a later date.

If needed, we will run 50HP shot of anti-lag-in-a-bottle... but after long discussions with my turbo supplier i am confident it wont be necessary.

Current Status - Waiting for turbo and wastegate to arrive! Booked in to get my manifold guy started on the job. Will post pics as soon as i have any!

Regards,

Riste.

Oh and as for the turbo not fitting - i'll make it fit.

If the radiator has to be moved so be it - i'd rather the manifolds be exactly even - as before, i'll keep you guys posted.

Riste.

riste--everything sounds impressive..the rods at 1100 hp? ive heard that also, but, id think a heavy forged rod would be the way to go at the hp levels your aiming for..
as far as the radiator, i actually tilted the sc400 one forward a bit for some more clearance..but i had removed the ac condenser..but then again, i kept the factory hyd. fan.. so im pretty sure you will have nough room to fit everything.. your best bet will prob be to locate it same as lextreme.. where the bat was..

Riste,

There is a Drag team based in Qld who runs a 1UZ-FE in supercharged outlaws class... and if you don't know that's a serious horse power class. It's a rail dragster and I think it has run as low as 7.3 qtrs.
This engine makes over 1600HP from a roots blower. I do not have a contact for them or know their names but the car was featured in a national drag car magazine. I will try and get the back issue and post it up. I know that at 1600HP these guys were melting their blocks and have resorted to machining their own from billit. Now that is serious!

There is also another team running a 1UZ-FE in Qld, a modified hot hod.

Here are some pics of their stuff.

http://www.dragster.com.au/modules/news/article.php?storyid=216
www.piranharacing.com.au

enjoy,
Nath

Oh REALLY?

Still in melbourne hey? i havent heard the name Danny Williams for a while now.
He better crawl back under his rock. Full off promisses, hopes, dreams, and bullshit. Pouring out of his ears. Anything to take your money that... anyway.

Anyone in Melbourne (or any of the states he keeps runing to and from) avoid this guy. Im not going to go into why on a public forum, but people deserve to know to stay away from this guy - he is bad news.

As for the other information, thankyou verymuch Nath. I think we'll get some rods in there and play it on the safe side hehe. Anyone for a Conrod Group Buy???

I just love the look of a huge turbo..

that is a nice heat shield around the exhaust turbine.. where did you get it from. It looks to be more efficient than the standard thin steel plate

www.boostlogic.com sell these turbine blankets and all manner of other turbo kits, parts, etc. mainly for the 2JZ-GTE and GE. Their prices are reasonable, and the quality of the parts, especially their turbo manifolds is far better than the alphabet soup stuff from Japan.

John

I ran 9 psi on the T70 and it started to boost at about 2k and hit 9 psi at 2900 rpm. I tried 12 psi few times, but ran out of fuel. I installed 550 cc injectors since and swap it to a GT40 because i have some issue with the seal or my return oil line. The turbo was smoking.

hi, as far as i know there isnt a kit that is available--yet.. but there are guys working on it.. if your good at doing alot of the work yourself, there are a few good examples of lexus FI- to look at for ideas..
i think there are even less sc400s that have been turboed..
but i thinlk there will be many examples soon.. i also know of at least 2 supras getting v8s.. that would help spread the v8 word greatly..
i am still surprised how many people dont know that there are import v8s driving around..