SC400 Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I got some time today to work on the project that i started few months ago. Finally did some welding today. Right now its not looking too great yet but it will. Remember this picture when i first posted few months ago?
IMG_0003.jpg

Well after the ceramic coating and installation. The final product looks like this:
IMG_0062.jpg

Its almost like the total make over. Now here is the picture i would like to share with you. Its similar to the LS400T project, but its in hte other side.

The last picture show the distance between the powersteering pump pulley and the T4 flange. Its about 1/2" apart. This single turbo system would be great if its powered by a Garrett GT35R

David,

You love this stuff!

Can you get heat resistant serpentine belts? Cos you sure gunna need one.

It looks awsome but I do see potential problems with the belt, the alternator and the power steering pump. None of those items were built to withstand the sorts of tempuratures you will subject them to.

I know you will find a way but you may get good at changing those items. Put a flange immediately after the last exhaust runner so you can easilly remove the pipe to replace the alternator or power steering pump as they both slide forward to come off.

Rod,

I was told by PeeWee Also. I will figure it out as time come. Right now its just a experiement. No intention to fit it in any car.

i have a question what if you get that down pipe heat coated that would reduce the temperture a great deal. my brother had it done to his sti down pipe and he sad it helped alot . You can touch it after a hard run with out geting burned. i think this would help alot in the area of extending the life of the belt and alternator.

why not throw an inconel heat shield on the exhaust housing, and fabricate a heat shield - a plate which sits between the turbo/manifold and the front of the block as well? coupled with the added heatshielding a thermal wrap could provide, and enough sources of cool air and hood venting, you shouldn't really have a problem.

-inconel heat shield over exhaust turbine
-a heat wrap over the exhaust piping
-physical heat barrier between turbo goodies and longblock
-LOTS of fresh air, and more importantly, a hole(s) to get rid of it all.

http://www.atpwrap.com/turbo.htm