SC400 strut removal Q!!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MrHolister

I've searched...but can find no answers. I have an sc400, and can't seem to figure out how to get this thing out...lol. It's unbolted from the control arm, and from the top...but I can't get the assembly to lower enough to free the strut. My car is up in the air, so help asap would be very nice. Just wondering if there is a trick or something...

Well, I've pretty much wasted an entire day trying to get this thing off. 1 strut... Never have I seen a more stupid way of having one in a car..

Not from an engineering standpoint, but from a "I want to replace the darn blown shocks standpoint!!!!!:hypnotized:

You didn't mention you're having trouble removing the front or the rear shocks. Anyway, it's easy for the front because you'll need to remove the upper control arms, the sway bar links, then slide the whole shock/spring unit out.

For the rear, it'll be easy if you have a second person pushing down the spindle hub or standing on it. Then you can slide the shock/spring unit out. If you're by yourself, place the portable car jack on the upper control arm, clamp it securely to the control arm. Place a 2 x 3 wooden block on the top of the jack. The top of wood will push against car body, thus increase the clearance for the shock/spring to slide out. Then just heighten the jack until it pushes the spindle hub down enough for you to get the shock/spring unit out. Be careful! The wooden block might pop out off the jack and hit you.

You didn't mention you're having trouble removing the front or the rear shocks. Anyway, it's easy for the front because you'll need to remove the upper control arms, the sway bar links, then slide the whole shock/spring unit out.

For the rear, it'll be easy if you have a second person pushing down the spindle hub or standing on it. Then you can slide the shock/spring unit out. If you're by yourself, place the portable car jack on the upper control arm, clamp it securely to the control arm. Place a 2 x 3 wooden block on the top of the jack. The top of wood will push against car body, thus increase the clearance for the shock/spring to slide out. Then just heighten the jack until it pushes the spindle hub down enough for you to get the shock/spring unit out. Be careful! The wooden block might pop out off the jack and hit you.

Thank you so much. I had been informed differently. I should have figured this out now that you mention it. I feel stupid. (front struts btw.) This should go a LOT faster this next try...lol.

Thank you so much. I had been informed differently. I should have figured this out now that you mention it. I feel stupid. (front struts btw.) This should go a LOT faster this next try...lol.
That's no problem. I hope the person who informed you could give you a hand to pay back for what he said...LOL. For the front upper control arm removal (not completely), you only need to remove the very long bolt that holds its bushing shells to the chassis and swing the arm outside. You don't have to remove the control arm ball joint. Make sure you retorque everything properly. This is a heavy car.