SC400 shift kits....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
interesting... but that was in 03... want to see if they are still doing the shift kits?
veryhappy.gif

I got other links that show shift kits are available for the automatic lexus's today...I just would like to hear about someone who has tried one out....and get their take on it...

Much thanks to the moderator who fixed my link....I stink at linking...

This is a very interesting thread with pictures on how to modify the lex auto tranny valve body in two hours.. Anyone can do it according to this thread... It kinda goes hand and hand with the shift kit...Here goes another attempt at the link...Results are the shifts are lightening fast and you can not even feel them..according to what is reported.

www.jkwebdesign.net/lsocbb/viewtopic.php?t=1915

I think I finally figured this linking stuff out:veryhappy

David, do they make a noticeable difference over the stock tranny performance? In other words is it worth the money? Can you tell me what it does and the advantages and disadvantages to having IPT shift kit?

They also have transmission controllers for our 400's...

www.powertraincontrolsolutio.../content-4.html
www.latentsolutions.com/suprastickuv.html
www.twistmachine.com/products/

MV automatics manaulising shift box

www.soarercentral.com/sc-forum/m...html?1151915968

IPT manual Controller

www.importperformancetrans.c...auto.shtm#main

Can anyone comment on these mods, results, satisfied?

Can somebody show me a picture or offer results from any of these kits installed? Would love to hear from someone who actually has something positive to say about them....Why stay away from level ten?

The shifting is alot harder and its not for everyone. You will feel the shift and sometimes i feel the shift even i release the gas. Installation is pretty easy. Its just a little more process then changing the transmission pan gasket. You can do this at home for about an hour. So for $350 is it worth it? If you drive like me, then I think its worth it. If you are looking for stock comfort and smooth shifting, then its not.

related thread http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5912

Thanks Lex, it kind of sounds like what I have now with the inceased tranny line pressure, any additional harder shifting and I don't think my neck and back will appreciate it...Got to think this one over...May call John and do it anyway though..

I got this experience today. I was drinking my coffee this morning. The cup has no lid on it. I was drinking and the car shift from 1st to 2nd with regular driving. When it shifts i spill coffee on my t-shirt. This is what i am talking about. I knew if was coming but wasn't aware of the hard shift. My wife always say "Don't tell me what you eat or drink, just show me your clothes" LOL...

That is funny, I hope the coffee wasn't too hot..:scared: . I don't really want to ruin my clothes even though I am over due for a new wardrobe..

Again, I may have to think this one over...thanks for the lowdown and links....

Most of those links don’t seem to work for me, odd. Anyway, is there such a thing to shift kit 2nd gear to 3rd as well? When I’m “playing” I seem to use 2nd to drive a lot more then 1st to 2nd (on the highway atleast).

Also, is it worth putting a manual controller in? If so, do the sc400 ones work on the ls400?

Thanks,

Josh

jibbby said:
This is a very interesting thread with pictures on how to modify the lex auto tranny valve body in two hours.. Anyone can do it according to this thread... It kinda goes hand and hand with the shift kit...Here goes another attempt at the link...Results are the shifts are lightening fast and you can not even feel them..according to what is reported.

www.jkwebdesign.net/lsocbb/viewtopic.php?t=1915

I think I finally figured this linking stuff out:veryhappy
Nice link Jib, While I was having a quick read of this link I see they just up'ed the line pressure by ajusting the regulator with a screw driver in the valve body. Can this be done with the early V8 auto's? (Yes, I did notice that this was the auto for the 6, and not the V8:cool:

What were they adjusting in thoes photos? Is it really that easy?

The V8 trans is already at max line pressure from factory. You need to open the valve body and replace a spring so you can have some adjustment using that valve. If you also shim a couple of accumulators (for the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts) you can have a nice shifting lexus box without the cost - just be real careful playing inside the valve body! Can go from pretty tame to chirping gears by how far you shim the accumulators.

Maxpower - It sounds like you know what you are talking about...However, my 1992 SC400 line pressure was increased by just a turn of the screw.... Atleast that is what the import tranny shop I took it into told me...I did not do the mod myself on this one.... Maybe some early model trannies are different then others? Or the tranny man lied to me....

Also I am sorry that some links don't work, I did the best I could...My linking skills are suspect to say the least.....You can always write the link down and google it...If you really want to read the stuff. Some of it is informative...

All the ones i have done have been at maximum from factory however they have all been JDM. Can't comment on US spec so yeah maybe some are different, in any case there is not a huge difference between the settings, start playing with accumulators and internal valve body mods and it turns into a pretty sharp box.

Can anyone help me out with some 6-8mm shims for the 1-2 & 2-3 accumulators, and maybe even a new (bigger) spring for the regulator. Love to try this mod myself.
I don't have access to any machines, and if you guy's have them sitting around or could even make them up, It would make it alot easer.

If not any info you'd like to post here would help heaps, I read the post on the auto for the 6 and seems too easy to be true, What's the difference in the different autos? I have a Early Crown 4spd (including over drive)

Looks like i'll be pulling mine apart and working it out myself, I'll let you know how I go.

If anyone's got any info at all, I'd be grateful