SC400 Help!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
SC 400 Power Loss

My car doesn't make immediate power if I was cruising at about 30 mph and suddenly punch the gas pedal all the way down. What happens is that the rpm goes all the way up to 6000 rpm but the power seems to stay almost the same. However, if I cruise at about 40 mph or above, then the power kicks in immediately. Does anyone know what causes that?

Also, when I raced with the new Scion TC coupe last night, I lost to him on a medium traffic. What happened was when I released the gas pedal for brake and then reached it again, the car didn't seem to make power immediately but it kept raising the RPM. Is that because my car has an auto tranny or something else? I don't know what the guy had on that Scion, but he's freaking fast. I felt bad because I thought my car at least has some power over that Scion with 160 hp and around 2900 lbs. curb weight.

Any idea would be greatly appreciate.

Loss of power

Hi David, Does the Auto change gear correctly are the shift points normal, i had a touqueflite that did just what you are saying, turned out to be a blocked oil filter in the trans, at 30mph not enough oil flow for the convertor to work properly but at around 40-50mph operation it found enough flow/pressure and it worked normally, when did you last have the auto serviced and are you sure they changed the filter.
Best Regards
Lambo