SC400 Auto kickdown

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
peewee, got any pics of how you fitted sensor? I havent quite got to that yet, just finishing the other car off, is SP1 from speedo a neg or pos 12v pulse, I am using the neg pulse which is how the hilux speedo is standard but its throwin a code 42, it seems it may need to be pos

SP1/SPD is a break in continuity signal. Goes open circuit 4 times per revolution of the speedo cable.
Whether the other end of it (ie, the opposite end to what you wire into the ecu) is 12v or earthed, I'm not sure.

SP2 on the crown box is a different signal to the soarer box.
This is to get a soarer sensor fitted to a crown box.

Crown sensor fitted
sp2_adaptor_1.jpg

Soarer sensor doesn't fit
sp2_adaptor_2.jpg

Adaptor I designed
sp2_adaptor_3.jpg

Adaptor fitted
sp2_adaptor_4.jpg

Soarer sensor fitted to Crown box
sp2_adaptor_5.jpg

The only bit I haven't showed is the Crown's 32tooth chopper wheel has been cut down to 4 teeth (ie, I ground 28 teeth off with the dremel)

cheers for that, could you have used chopper wheel off soarer? or is it not compat, sorry to grill you but may save a bit of messn when I do mine, might have to drop you off a beer or 2 next time Im in perth

if its to hard to remove the crown chopper wheel with 32 teeth and cut it to 4 teth
i sell a device that will device the pulses down from 32 to 4

they are about 120 bucks

another thing to make sure of is whether u need a 2 wire or a 3 wire signal to the ecu

a 2 wire is inductive and a 3 wire is hall effect

i have devices which can adjust pulse and at same time go from inductive to hall effect but they are expensive

this is incase u need to use a crown box on a soarer ecu or a soarer box on a crown ecu only prob with soarer box is goin from 4 teeth on chopper up to 32 teeth on crown chopper

it can be done but when goin slow its hard to get a steady pulse when havin to multiply 4 by 8 to get 32

but once yr over 30 or 40kms its ok

Its a button that when activated, the tranny will instantly drop back a gear or 2.
I'm not running one in mine, and I really don't see the need for it.
If I want instant drop back, I just enable POWER.

Jaycar sell a kit which will divide/multily speedo signals input can be whatever but output is square wave or hall effect type. Kit No: KC5380 $44.95

I've got one of the kits here - its range is from 0-100% up or down. I assume the PIC controller would need to be reprogrammed to increase that range to 800% for the ABS sensors.

the devices i have can when modified do 800% increase but like i said when u drive slowly the abs ecu get a quick shot of 8 pulses and thinks the rear wheels are goin faster than the front so it locks the rear brakes very slightly

i have tested all this on a cressida with a 1j

but if yr not runnin abs then theres no problem

u just have to either convert signal from analog to digital or digital to analog

depending what box u have

hey peewee, got my crown eng/trany runnin with the soarer ecu, only got the speedo cluster input conected and engine light not coming on but I dont have an o/d light conected, gunna do the sp2 conversion like yours when I get arount to it, still havnt got kickdown connected, just a wire hangn out the glovebox an I touch it to cig lighter neg if I really want to drop[ back, wondering if it might be better to put a switch on the steering wheel as you dont always want it to kick right back , use it like a pretend power boost

speed sensor adaptor, that would be great, saves me machining one up, let me know how much and if you could post, my post code is 6330, I could send you a money order or bank dep

PeeWee, are you still around?? I met you a few years back when trying to get your Delco going.
Do you still have one of those brackets spare
Im getting close to finishing my 1UZ Crown and auto in 67 Mercedes using VR/VS Delco auto computer
Your bracket may save a couple of hours.........
Regards
Al Gibbs