sc dash lights do it yourself!!!!!!!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sc400rayray

Ok for the lexus owners that have dash problems or the needles that flicker

You could go to the lextech site and pay out your butt, 200.00 for the gauges and another 100.00 for the needles and then pay for shipping, or you can buy leds on ebay for around 20 bucks and you will get 100 of them blue, red white what ever, get the 8000 mcd ones this will give you a brighter effect (the larger the mcd the brighter the light) ok the tools you will need:

1) leds, what ever color you want

2) soldering gun with solder

3) black tape

4) a pack of resistors the .5 (1/4 ) radio shack has them .99 cents for 5 you will only need one

5) glue gun

6) wire/ red and black

ok to remove the dash on the sc’s follow this

http://www.luxurymods.com/tutorial7.htm

now take out the green bulb holders, this is were you will put the leds

place black tape over the holes (on the computer board part) now stick the wires of the led threw the tape the bulb should face the gauges now, you can place one or two bulbs per hole your choice ( i used one per hole) now the leds should have one prong longer then the other you have to wire in a serious http://www.casemodgod.com/leds_and_modding.htm

long to short and so on

now solder the wires together you might need some wire cause the end will not touch each other don’t worry you wont drip solder on the board cause the black tape is there ( but don’t let it sit to long if you miss this is bad) you can always use a nine volt battery to see if you wired the up right test it for every 3 cause the 9v is too much power for one led ( it will blow) so now you have them all wired up, take the resistor to the + side of the led ( you might want to add some wire to have to have slack 6” or so) then add the resistor only need one for the 10 or 15 bulbs you are using, oh yea place black tape over the solder points so they dont hit the computer board when u put it back on.

you can test out the lights on the car battery ONLY AFTER THE RESISTOR IS ON, if it works you have the color you need, now use your glue gun to place the bulbs in a secure spot in the hole so they don’t move, to power the lights you can put a switch from the battery or wire it to your dash, it’s the red and black wire on computer board, I put a switch to mine it was easy then messing up the board if I slipped,

FOR THE NEEDLES: I have not done yet but it looks like you pop them out just pull flip them over and you will see a white strip on the back cut that out with a sharp blade of some sort, you put a led in the strip and you must use a resistor to the 2 prongs that you plug in the needle from one is (–) and the other is (+) then the dash will power it up

I will let you know when I get this done,

You can also do you temp lights which am doing now

I hope this helps this an easier way to change your lights then paying over 300.00 bucks

I don’t think I left anything out if I did or you need help email me at [email protected] I will send pics as soon as I can, don’t have a computer at home so I have to use works
mine came out cool blue and iam going to use white for the needles.
let me know if you guy tryed it out or and suggestions as well
----rayray

o yea i will soon add angel lights to the headlights as well