rough idle/stalling question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

6spdSC4

I was changing my plugs out the other day and didn't gap them correctly but by the time I realized it I had already put everything back together. I drove the car around for about 3 days then finally took everything back apart and regapped them. As I was doing this my buddy thought it would be a good idea to take the honeycomb filter piece that is in the MAF out. I had no problem with this thinking it might be able to help but said that I'd hold onto it incase it screwed my car up....too late. The asshole had already started crushing it b/c "it crushes so easy, haha cool!" Needless to say I wanted to kill him. Now my car is running like ****. I'm getting less than 300 miles on a tank of gas, the car runs like garbage. It will actually stall out when sitting at idle. The idle gets very rough then it will almost stall. If I don't gas it it will eventually stall. The check engine light comes on and I am backfiring every once and a while(though not badly). Is this piece the cause?

Attachments

• DSC01639.jpg
    DSC01639.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01604.jpg
    DSC01604.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC01615.jpg
    DSC01615.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC01648.jpg
    DSC01648.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 24
BUMP! Ahhhh! It did it again today when I ran out to get something for work!!! I called Lexus to see if I can get only that one part and of course you have to buy the entire new MAF which is a LOVELY $1156.43!!! I think I should just kick my 'friend's ass and sell his POS little 1990 civic to buy a brand new MAF! GRRRRRRRR Help me

Post a wanted to buy for a used AFM.

You should get one for a reasonable price.

Whilst you may have some trouble in the States (the Supra guys use them) someone on the Site will have one.

The honeycombe actually straightens the airflow so the vortex effect can be accurately read.