rocker gear is it ajustable

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

maca

Hi hope all is good with every one just need to know weather the over head cams on a 1uzfe have ajustable rocker gear and if so does any one have clearances I have a slight tapet noise on right hand side of engine. I have had no luck geting hold of a work shop manual.

No rockers on our engines; they use an aluminum bucket & steel shim setup, with the shims sitting in recesses on top of the buckets, where the cam lobes actuate them directly.

It's possible to adjust the shimming without pulling the cams, but a few special tools make the job go easier.

Google around the site or the Internet for 1UZ valve shimming. There's tons of photos and procedures.

thaks CRIBBY for the info cheers mate

Tanks for the info mate saved me a lot of time stuffing around .My engine is runing great it just has a tick on the right bank. I can live with it. thaks again.

another thing worth knowing. More often than not, it's the bucket that has been pounded, and the shim is fine. Obviously remeasure after install, but there's a good chance that changing just the bucket will bring it back to within specs.