Removal Of The EGR System

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

COFFEE

To all the American SC400 owners,

Re: EGR system fitted to the American cars.

I know very little of how the system works or effects the ECU ?
Considering i am an Skip with a Soarer this would be expected.

What i am looking to find out is how the EGR works and effects the engine, if it relays back to the ecu assisting in adjusting the mixtures etc.
If it has any effect is there a way of getting around the EGR so the ECU runs perfect without having the EGR connected ?

I am expecting that someone who owns a true sc400 would have played with the EGR and knows the answer.

Any assistance would be greatly apprectaed.

Regards

Stephen

I and few other members in USA have our EGR deleted and no problem with check engine light. We love it! Clean looking, easy access to injectors and spark plugs. More spooling for turbo too.

Lex,
What i was thinking is that the soarers are speed limited to 180km/h.
I believe the sc400's are getting 140m/h.
I also know that you have a dial dash, no digital dash maybe they are not limited at all, maybe they are not monitored as there is no electronic pulse ?

I have looked up on a couple of forums about the aftermarket kits available to remove these and whislt they are cheap, most are saying the shifts aren't the greatest.
I have two people that will remove the limiters from the ecu but at a price range of $600- $1200. Yeeeks.

So i was thinking maybe i could get an American ECU and use that ?
R-Jay made comment of the EGR system, it could be a problem ?
I know very little of the system and how it works, hence the questions.

You seem to have had more than your fair share of toying with these motors, what do you think ?

Can you think of any reason or issues which may stop the ECU from an SC400 working in a Soarer ?

Do you think it would remove the speed limiter ?
See if it does being a factory ecu, the shifts would be perfect. I would much rather that option !

Regards

Stephen

my only real guess is that without the EGR system, there is less air in the exhaust, which the 02 sensor will pick up and cause the engine to run leaner..... but how much? i don't know..... but one thing for sure is that 1uz's run rich from the factory, so this might not be a bad thing at all....

Attachments

• IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0407.JPG
    IMG_0407.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG