Remote Key Re-program

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
My orginal key broke and my LS400 door lock was having some problems so i call up a wrecked LS400 owner and told him i need the complete locks/key from his LS400. I got all the locks changed (ignition, doors, truck, glove compartment and so on).

After the got the key package for few months then i install them. However, the wrecked LS400 was towled away and he have no long get access to it. However, the one thing i forgot was the Door Lock ECU. The ECU is located in the left rear trunk. I have heard you must use the same ECU in order to make the remote system work. The question i have is how can i reprogram the ECU or Key Remote to make it to communicate?

What year lex? I belive the cut off is 94/95. Before that you need the little eeprom chip inside the keyless brain to work with the original keys.

Yep, you have that tiny little eeprom inside. Sorry buddy, those keys are worthless now.... :(

It is really goofy how they did that on the older ones. I guess the flash technology just wasn't there to reflash the chips easily (or inexpensively).

Peter