Red oil light on cluster?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Question, this little red "oil light" comes on under nos at 4000rpm, it iluminates red then goes off when I lay off the gas......This happen when I deleted my hydro pump and fan...I just want to make sure that light represents the warning for the hydro fan oil and not the engine oil...

My Manuals do not say, does anyone know for sure what that light means? This light is located above and just right of the Rmp needle center...or next to "5" on the rpm read...Anyone? Here is a pic....

The owners manual does not say?

Attachments

• acconvert.jpg
    acconvert.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 3
  • underconverthood.jpg
    underconverthood.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 5
Add some oil. When accelerate hard, the oil shift and the sensor not getting proper reading. That is the most common sign when the oil light goes on. I think u are low on oil. Add 1/2 qt and do the NOS deal again.

I also had the oil light on 2 months ago when I first started the car. The engine's rear main seal is leaking so I know what caused the oil light. I filled up the oil and it's gone. I guess that I'll have to replace that rear main seal soon. But I'm still waiting for the turbo and the rebuilt torque converter, and then that rear main seal will come with the torque converter at the same time. What a pain!

Steve,

Your oil light doesn't comes on because of the rear main seal. The light is on because of low on oil due to the leak. LOL....

Thanks guys, but the oil is topped off, full synthetic...no leaks what so ever...I really think it has something to do with the hydo-pump deletion and removal of the fluids and sensors....Bad read from removal is my guess...In any event it is not effecting the performance of the engine in anyway but is bothersome to look at when I corner hard or punch it...Comes on then off.... It may be a good time to remove the bulb..

David I put in the selco heat sensor for the fans, just want to say thanks again..it seems to be working just fine....I have the direct hookup but the only problem with that is when the car is turned off the fans keep going till the radiator cools...Do you have it set up that way with your LS? I plan to wire in a relay to the ignition but need a part or too....

Thanks again for the replies guys and when are we all going to the track?.....

You should use ignition trigger wire. Means when your keys is in the on position, then it will active the relay. When you take your key out, the relay should be off. Find that wire.