radical idel

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

daveochoa

My 1992 SC 400 is ideling high when in park position of when I come to a stop.
I have to tun it off on the drive position because if i shift to park the idel goes to almost 2 on RPM:shrug:. Since vehicle is fuel injected, I know there is no adjustment. Any recommendations?

possibly an air leak (maybe on power steering idle up) or faulty idle control valve. Have you had the battery disconnected lately? Try disconnecting the battery and that should make the ECU go through its idle set procedure.

Muzz

Like Muzza NZ said check for a vacuum leak or idle air control valve malfunction. Try pinching off the big hose from the idle air controlvalve to the air intake tube. If the engine keeps running it probably has a vacuum leak, if it idles way down and or dies it probably has a bad IAC valve.

With your foot off the pedal, and the throttle butterfly completely closed, the TPS tells the ecu that it should go to the idle fuel/timing map, and operate the ISCV.
This happens with the IDL position on the TPS.
With the throttle closed, there should be continuity (electrical) between the IDL pin the TPS, and the E2 pin on the TPS. Its basically a switch to ground telling the ecu that the throttle is closed.

Now, to stop the IDL contact from happening while you are cruising at low speeds (when the throttle is only open a teeny amount) you have to make sure that the TPS switches IDL from continuous to ground, to open circuit.

Do this by putting a multimeter between the IDL pin and the E2 pin (bottom 2 pins if you are looking at it from passengers side).
It should read <100ohms with the throttle plate closed.
Now open the throttle a teeny amount.
Now rotate the TPS so that the continuity between IDL and E2 goes from <100ohm, to open circuit (infinite).
Let go of the throttle (or remove the washer/spacer you put in to keep it open that fraction), and it should go back to <100ohm.
Test it a couple of times.

Easiest way to keep it open 1mm or so is to locate the stop point, and put a thin spacer in there.

Is the above method the correct way to set up the TPS? Just asking as I've fully stripped and rebuilt my whole assembly and wondered how to set it up again ?

Elliot