R154 speed sensor

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Sorry,i didnt ask vdo about pulse per etc just what sensor i should be using.I did ask on other forums if i could use toyotas sensor but no real headway on that question.

Can the speedo infinatly count revs to a certain speed?In extreme case say it had one pulse per rev,could it just keep counting revs to say make 100km/h?

The speedo is completly adjustable with a learn 1 km feature. You can use any hall effect sensor.

Yeah, its adjustable in pulses per km or like here in the states, its pulse per mile. They usually have a maximum pulses per mile that they will work with. Beyond that pulse count, the pulse frenquency is to fast for the unit to be able to accurately count the pulses...

Ahhh Lextreme the answers to many of life's little mysteries.

Anyone know why my wife keeps on buying shoes?

1uzvl, you have a Crown UZS131 Sensor there.
Its actually a 20pulse/rev, not a 4pulse/rev.

If you need to adjust it you can get a jaycar speedo corrector, and with that you can double or halve the pulse count (and anything inbetween). Its a bit laggy on high rate of changes (such as taking off from a standstill), but apart from that its fine.

How did i end up with that?My original engine was a crown but i never had a auto for it.Ive only got a celsior auto and supra mk III(i was told)r154 cog swapper.Might have to check a few things i think.

Not sure, but it look identical to the two I have at home, which are both ex UZS131, although the cable is not that long, its only maybe 6" long.

I'll take a photo.

Maybe its just the same body but has different internals ?
It could well be an MA70 Supra R154 sender. (its def not Celsior).

Mine also has Pink(red), White and Green wires.

Yeah im sure it came off my supra box.Does the MA 70 have a cable drive speedo?The crowns seam to be a bit agricultural in they way they are designed so i wouldnt be suprised if thats what it came from.

Yeah im sure it came off my supra box.Does the MA 70 have a cable drive speedo?The crowns seam to be a bit agricultural in they way they are designed so i wouldnt be suprised if thats what it came from.

Yes, the MA70 is a cable drive Speedo (at least here in the states it is)... The sensor that is on it is a speed sensor for the ABS... It is a little different then a normal VSS... It requiers a pull-up resistor to be used which is built into the ABS ECU. It can be used as a VSS unit though..... Its a ferrous target sensor or gear tooth sensor. There is a trigger wheel on the main shaft that it reads from.

Didn't the late MA70's have electronic driven speedo?
I have a 1990 which has a cable, but I was under the impression that the 91/92 models have electronic senders, much like the Cressida did.

Not here in the states they didn't.... Probably the Digital dash cars had a electronic sender but we didn't get digital dash cars here.... I dont even think that the cressida's here ever got electronic senders but I could be wrong there.

Side note: Toyota did a lot of strange things for different regions like the fact that all years Euro and <90 canadian (and maybe elsewhere) A70's had an electronic hatch release.... Why not fo that everywhere, why only select areas?????

We have cable hatch release.
I think most of our MA70's are digi dash as well, but 1986-1990 is definitely still cable driven. I think only the special versions (Turbo A, JZA70R etc) got analogue dashes.

Toyota do some strange shiznit.

Just to confirm the wiring was correct as per previous post

White = Signal
Yellow =12v
Red / blue = Ground

About 4 pulses per rpm of the tail shaft.