R154 - 1UZfe Dellows bellhousing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Cobber

Just thought I would post a few pics of the Dellows bellhousing I purchased last week.
I contacted Jeff 08 9774 4419 a few days before and all the parts were there ready to be picked up for me when I called in.
The whole lot bolted together in a couple of hrs and mated up to the engine with not one swear word.
Very happy with the purchase.

Now I have to play with the loom and trick out the Celsior ecu. I have read a few threads on this and I am totaly confused. I'm sure someone will point me in the right direction.

Prices are much the same.

Service, I contacted both and both were very knowledgeable polite and keen to make a sale.

The Dellows bellhousing can mount the slave cylinder on either side you just need to nominate where you want it. I will be running side pipes so it didn't realy matter which side it was on so I put it on the drivers side RHD for reduced plumbing.

CRS is a two piece bellhousing assembly Dellows is a one piece casting.

Be clear with what you order and have written correspondence because at the end of the day you should end up with what you have asked for.

Australian consumer protection ensures that all purchased items should be functional and fit for the use they were intended. If you have ever been burnt with faulty or poor quality items there is a process to go through and it works every time. At least one part of the Government is on our side...

I purchased the complete kit as I didn't wan't to spend hrs chasing second hand parts.

Do your homework and work out which kit is best for you. I have no doubt that both work fine.

If you want a special clutch let them know or even supply it to them so they can make it fit and work. They are chasing our money and we are the customer.

Both companies have put just about every engine behind every transmission so they should know what they are doing.

Cobber - did you also get there flywheel/clutch setup? Any photos of those parts?

I would be outstanding if they made a bellhousing for the 6 speed V160. The R154, and W58 won't take much punishment.

Eric

V 160 would be a nice option but the R154 came along at the right price. I have heard that the V 160 has been done several times with custom bellhousings. If the demand was there I'm sure Dellows or CRS would make one. the best thing would be to do it as a group purchase to get the numbers.

The flywheel & clutch assy comes in at the same weight of the torque converter and flex plate. Clutch clamp pressuere is around 900kg. I dont have a picture of the front of the flywheel but it is undercut.

Cobber
thats looks good:veryhappy

what pressure plate is that ?
it is stock r154 pressure plate form supra mk3?
same clutch?
how much cost bellhousing and flywheel?

Jerry

jtjery,

The clutch pressure plate and plate are off the shelf units and have a clamp pressure of 950kg see earlier post. I think they are both Toyota part numbers so would be easy to find. The flywheels can be machined to whatever clutch you specify, double layer carbon, puck or whatever you want. I don't intend on towing a caravan or drag racing so the standard set up suits me.

The complete kit will set you back $1,400 inc GST Aussie and includes.

Bellhousing
Pivot ball
Clutch fork
Pilot bearing (NSK 6201 VVC3E 2rs) Don't save $5 on a cheap bearing
Clutch plate (6 spring)
Pressure plate (950 kg)
Flywheel
Flywheel bolts (1/4" longer than standard)
Slave cylinder (Toyota unit not sure of part no)
Slave cyl adjustable push rod
Thrust bearing (NSK TK40-4A ENCS 408)
Thrust bearing carrier

If you get the original flex plate to them they will remove the ring gear and shrink it onto the new flywheel for $25.

I have put some part numbers above so you could source elsewhere if you wanted to save a couple of dollars. I bought the whole lot from there for ease.

Fork set up pic is below.

Hey, I have been trying to get accurate dimensions for the various transmissions mated to the 1uz. Could you do me a favor and measure from the front edge of the bellhousing where it mates to the engine to the center of the shifter? It would be a big help to me! Also, what is the length of just the Dellow bellhousing?

thanks
Andris

Welcome Andris,

Give or take a couple of mm
Bellhousing is 178 mm
Front of bellhousing to center of gear shift is 780 mm

I'm sure I will get corrected if I'm wrong but this is for the 1JZ GTE R154 shifter.

Great, thank you for taking those measurements for me. I am planning a swap into a miata and surprisingly the shifter is farther back than you would expect for such a small car. The stock transmission locates the shifter about 800mm from the front of the bellhousing, and from what I can gather online, the earlier r154 and W58 are much shorter than that. I'll be putting the motor as far back as possible, but the stock engine is already quite close to the firewall.

thanks again!

andris

I bought the same kit for a r154 from dellows.Only had two problems.My slave was put on the passenger side due to exhust clearance was tight on the vl.One prob i had was the piviot boss on the bell housing was on top of a bolt on the front cover of the g/box so i had to grind it down to fit.Also the slave bolts were slightly out and didnt go through square neither major probs to fix but you cant expect things to be perfect on conversions can you?

this is going to sound like a dumb question
but this will be a complete kit to bolt the r154 to the 1uz right?
like i wont have to go out and purchase other parts after i get this kit right?

Its a fairly complete kit.It comes with all the major stuff you will need .May need bell housing to motor bolts and things like that.Simple stuff.