Questions for Perth People.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Doug68

Hi All,

Ok so where in Perth would you go to buy a Walbro fuel pump? I know there's a 1000 on eBay, I prefer local though due to the quantity of fakes floating around.

Next I'm looking for a pair of mufflers off of a VE Commodore, apparently they're a great design and are binned regularly for after market noise, so which bin do I need to go through to get some?

Thanks,

Doug.

Hi Doug,

I bought mine from Summit racing when I was ordering some other stuff, genuine and no problems. They run just about silent not like the noisy Bosch I had before.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=walbro&dds=1

I used a dual in tank set up, one feeding an internal swirl pot and the other inside the pot feeding the engine.

A quick search found these on ebay with a money back guarantee. I wouldn't have an issue buying one of these.

Perth is a rip off for just about any part so most of my stuff comes in the post.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WALBRO-GSS34...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item563c808c28

Mufflers I would just google local muffler shops and turn up with a 6 pack on a Friday afternoon.

Sounds like you are getting ready for main engine start?

Ho Cobber,

Thanks for the info, "main engine start" yeah I like that phrase.
Eventually got to get the thing going.

Buying anything in Perth is a PITA, for example bought a 1/2" UNF die on Friday on the 5th call I found a shop with one, no worries only a 40min drive away. So I go buy it, go to use it yesterday and there's a 3/8 die in the 1/2 packet. So that's another trip to make!

There's a cat back VE system in the Quokka $200 seems a bit rich to me though, maybe he's open to reason ;)

The big thing with Walbro's is, if it seems to cheap, it is.

The genuine ones generally go for about $150-$180.
Anything less than $150 (in Aust) and its almost guaranteed a fake.

I've bought all mine online before, but from online shops, not eBay.

If you are going to mount it in the fuel tank use viton o rings to insulate it and hold it on the hanger or it will make a lot of noise.

Can't seem to attach pictures but if you want me to send pictures of my set up drop me a pm.

Back