question on head gaskets?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1youZee

Does anyone have o good source for some quality copper head gaskets. I am looking for som that ar 1.0 - 1.3 mm thick, preferably copper[personal preference], but if it's high quality composite, it'll work.
-thanks

QCB,

The way I see it one side of the engine will be slighthly more advance than the other.

Assume you gain 0.5 degrees of timing at the 1st cam driven you would gain 1.5 degrees on the second as the belt must pass over the gasket 3 times to get the the second cam drive. I would also assume it must effect the ignition timing between the two banks of cylinders as well.

I've no idea what the real gain in timing is. It may be so minor to not consider it but everyone always mentions it when speaking of thick gaskets.

Would this work??

It could be worked out by working out the circumference of the cam pulley and dividing that up 360. That will let you know how many millermeters per degree of timing. The thickness of the new gasket minus the thickness of the original l could be used to work out the no. of degrees of timing change for the first bank . The 2nd bank you would have to use 3 times the extra thickness of the gasket to calculate.

Can someone work this out? I cant get near my engine to measure the cam pulleys at the moment!

It's going to be slightly off from the actual thickness of the gasket. the timing belt is not perfectly in line with the plane you are moving the head when you use a thicker/thiner gasket due to the different sizes of pulleys and the location of both of them in relation to each other, so there would be a bit of calculating involved to get it %100 correct.

in any amount that is does move, i'm sure it has a negative affect on performance, that's the reason we replace out riming belts when the strech.. the flex has the same effect on the timing.. unwanted advance/ retard that the computer doesn't know about.