Quater mile time in v8 silvia

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lsk12

Hey guys Ive got some pics for you. I just got back from Ruapuna there was a big drag meeting there so I gave it a run down the 1/4 mile

With a locked R200, tein coilovers and 205 60 15 road tyres it ran a
13.8 1/4 with a 60fty time of 1.8secs theres alot more left in the launch as it will spin up pretty easily. Hope to give it a run at the next dorimons drift day in CHCH I think thats mid november.

IM000697.jpg

IM000696.jpg

IM000695.jpg

IM000694.jpg

IM000693.jpg

IM000692.jpg

IM000691.jpg

IM000690.jpg

good3.jpg

Can i ask what rear wheel power you are pushing through with that 1uzfe ?
can i ask what engine mods it has ?

Basically give me as much info as possible please (hehe) as im planning on doing a similar thing with a S14a.

How did you go with the manual trans ? From memory u used a W58 from a celica yeah ? Im thinking of using a R154 supra box. did it end up linning up with the original gear lever position ??

Nice car mate, would love to get some video footage of it ?

That is actually quite a good 60ft time with road tires on, my best 60ft time I have managed is a 1.94 - that was with my old tires and the new ones are heaps better so hopefully I can try them out soon.

What terminal speed did you get over the 1/4?
What rear gears are you running?
Do you know the final weight of the car with the new engine?

Well done, good too see others out using the HP they have.

I havent had it on the dyno yet so im not too sure about power but Id have a guess and say its pumping 210hp at the wheel??? thats just based on what others get with similar mods

Top speed was 100mph Id be interested to know what others have got out of their 1uzs as Im shooting for a 12 sec 1/4 but the top speed will have to come up for that.

I think my diff is a 3.9:1

Engine is standard apart from
link computer
open air inlet
and a 2inch y pipe mergeing into a 3inch exhaust which is fairly open

The shifter comes out a bit further foward than standard but Its not too bad except you cant select reverse while the hand brake is on

Ill get back to you on the total weight as Ive yet to weigh it.

lsk12 said:
Im shooting for a 12 sec 1/4 but the top speed will have to come up for that.
QUOTE]

Get a set of cams and the 8 throttle body set up from
tmiller...

then u will have the set up i'm dying to build....

And it will be free r&d for me :) (i'll know exactly what to expect when i do it)

Hey mate how are you?

Hows the car going?

Can i ask you a favour?
Have you weighed the car since you did the transplant ???
What is the total difference in weight ?

I know we can all speculate on the weight difference but i would like to have a diffinitive answer...

by my calculations there should be something like a 20-40kg difference ? but i would love to have this verified by someone who has done the conversion..

if this is true then simple puting the battery in the boot will re-centralise the weight distribution...

Please put the beast on a weigh bridge,,

and any updates ?

Yeah the altitude is fairly low about 50 meters above sea level at a guess
the radiator is the standard ca18 s13 nissan silvia unit It has the same dimensions as an r32 turbo skyline one which is twice the thickness so Ill put one of those in eventually. The max temp so far was goin up a hill it got up to about 108 degs but ussualy sits about 90degsC But for track work Ill upgrade it. Ive been working on the suspension setup trying to get it to hold a nice drift Ive found it quite easy to spin so Im working on increasing grip at the rear with adjustable camber and fatter tyres.

Ive been driving it to work every day And Ive gotta say Im very happy withthe conversion Id recomend it to anyone its faster and more unique than all but the best turbo silvias.

Still havent wieghed it but will do so soon.

I'm going for this swap in my 180sx. But I'm thinking about twin-turboing it.

The engine bay is the same on your silvia, so do you think there will be place for two turbo's?

Nice car be the way.

Hi sounds like a good swap I think there would only be room for turbos if you brought the exhaust foward and placed the turbo in the front corners of the engine bay where the battery and air box used to be. Im still thinking about turbos but I might just go with a shot of nos to get a 12 sec 1/4

This looks like an awesome vehicle now, a lot of potential, Well Done...

I am looking at putting this motor into a Landcruiser, and a mate putting one into a commodore ute...

I can now get a Bell Housing kit from Castlemaine Rod Shop in Australia here for the landcruiser 5 speed box, and my mate, might need a Turbo Supra box to make it go for his.

If it all goes ahead I will keep you guys posted.

Meldge

lsk12 said:
No but it hangs pretty low and youll need to find a front sump 1uz in order to clear the x member
just wondering if a dry sump setup would be worthwhile ?

What do you think a dry sump setup would be worth ($)

edit: sorry for thread mining

A dry sump sounds very expensive I think Ill whip up a sump guard for it to stop those curbs on the side of the track from knocking a whole in the sump.

Ive been thinking about transplanting everything into a fd rx7 has anyone ever done this?

L

I know an LS1 fits in the FD rx7...
so maybe a 1uz-fe will (LS1 is smaller in size)..

Why the change ?? You not happy with the S13?