Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The wife should be happy to see those nice looking crome parts on the granite counter top..... Then again I am not married either...

Honey, now would you please get me a beer and make me some dinner while I admire my crome parts......He He...

Nice Ryan, nice...

Actually, I am married to a rather beautiful woman, who has given up on giving me a hard time about my car...She now just accepts that I am going to get this done. The granite does not easily scratch, and I placed them upon the counter top very carefully...Plus, I am the cook, so it is really my kitchen...

Attachments

• happy_trev.jpg
    happy_trev.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 21
Well: We spent the whole weekend stripping 2 SC's, and putting the interior back into my project car...Yeah, I found a Black on Black 2000 SC300, wrecked so I bought the whole car. I am parting it out, and will have several parts to list in a separate thread. I will also be parting out my very clean Tan interior.

Here is a pic of my 2000 front bumper on my car:
2000_BS_Font_bumper_installed.jpg

Here is the repair I did to the gaping whole that was cut into my engine bay for the Intercooler intake tube, this is far stronger and cleaner:
SC400TT_Engine_Bay_2.jpg

Here is a pic of the painted engine bay:
SC400TT_Engine_Bay_1.jpg

Here is a pic of the carpet going into the car. I shampooed and vacuumed the carpet. It looked brand new:
New_black_carpet.jpg

More to come, and thanks to Scott Gray!!!biggrin.gifthumbsup.gif The black interior is very clean and in practically new condition.

Ryan

My Relentless Pursuit of Perfection...

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    1 KB · Views: 0
Rewired Engine loom from Dr. Tweak of Phoenix Tuning. What a job...Plug-n-play for both stand alones, 20 new stock Toyota clips, wired in the new Delphi injector clips as well.

Harness_3.jpg

Harness_2.jpg

Harness_1.jpg

More to come...woot.gifwoot.gif

Attachments

• woot.gif
    woot.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
Here are pics of my CF Hood from Seibon...Wow!!! Super nice quality!! This hood is OEM quality, on the edges, top, underside, all. It comes with the latch in place, and the CF is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to get it on the painted car!!thumbsup.gifbiggrin.gifwoohoo.gif

They pack this box extremely well too. No damage. They seem to take great pride in what they build...thumbsup.gif

Here are some pics:

Seibon_1_RS.jpg

Seibon_2_RS.jpg

Seibon_3_RS.jpg

Seibon_5_RS.jpg

Seibon_4_RS.jpg

Notice how nice the weave is...Glad I made the investment..

Ryan

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
Wow Ryan, you & Doc Tweak have been busy!

Harness looks great as does the hood. Seibon have gotten a good reputation in the Supra community for their parts. It's kind of a shame to say it this way, but they're just about the only company who make body parts that actually fit.

The rest "will" fit with enough time, money & expertise, but you nearly have to own a body shop to make it worthwhile.

When a project gets to this point, it can be painfully slow...Here is a close up of the Gen II Tri-spoke steering wheel I found with e-shift. It is mint...
Gen_II_wheel_R-1.jpg

Still awaitiing the baffle for the oil pan...Back-ordered from Lexus. Here are a few pics of the new and improved upper oil pan and oil pick up in place...
Oil_Pick_up_R-1.jpg

Upper_Oil_pan_R-2.jpg

Upper_Oil_pan_R-1.jpg

Ryan

Click Here to learn of the Texas V8 Shootout/Lexus Meet: http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327761

So Steve, is the car as fast as you expected it too be? Are you satified and impressed with the power... How's your power out of the gates? Did you get a torque converter stall rate change yet?

Any dissapointments? How's the gas mileage? Lot's of questions, just curious about those turbo's my friend...

Thanks Guys. I am tired...Just finished wrenching on the car, and it is past midnight. I am going to bed. Got a lot more done.

The baffle is installed, the lower oil pan is installed, the whole bottom end is sealed up and complete.

We also got the Timing belt installed, the lower intake, the loom is attached, the valve covers are installed, just about done with the top of the motor. Then the tranny and accessories get installed, turbos and plumbing get installed, and the car ships to Tampa...

Pics to come...Got a lot done last night and tonight...

Ryan

John,
I didn't test it much due to the heavy rain on last Sunday, and the brand new brake system. New brake test in rain...LOL. Also, the custom pulley that I did to replace the hydro pulley gave out on me. I think it's because it's rusted due to not being run for awhile. So when I revved high, it gave out, got stuck, and stripped the belt. I only ran to the max of 50 mph. No problem so far. It's smooth, my friend. I'll let you test it 1 day to convince you to build 1 for your ride. :yup:

Well I was really trying to compare the differences between a twin or single turbo setup on these 4.0L lexus's..... Is it really an advantage or is it just one more extra turbo issues to deal with to go with twins?...

Great work anyway and much kuddo's to both Ryan and Steve... Ryan what real advantage does a twin turbo setup have over a good fitted single turbo? ...The way I see it is the 1uz-fe motor has enough torque to get it rolling out of the blocks until the boost kicks so wouldn't a fell fitted single turbo be the most sensible choice? I would think the twin setups would be most advantagous on the smaller six banger motors..A couple of small twin turbo's for that immediate boost to help the less torquey motors get good launches...Where as a bigger single turbo may take more time to spool..

Am I correct in my assessments? I suppose you may get a better power band with the twins though.....

Ihave a t62 on mine and am very happy with it, even with the lower compression pistons I have never felt lacking on the low end.

My take is that guys looking for the show or wow effect prefer the twins. My experience is that I can spin the tires out of the blocks with my single if I floor it. So a twin setup wouldnt be any advantage in my perspective.

Well one place, if you were road racing the twins might help, if you are road racing you have to be mindful of where the boost comes in particularly in the curves. Twins might make it easier to anticipate when and how the boost comes on. When I am driving I have to be careful that the boost doesnt kick in when I am in a curve or cornering.

I think the only advantage of having twin would be the packaging under the hood. Otherwise, single will be cheaper, less complexity and easier to diagnose if problems arise. One example would twin GT35R or Garrett T04S. They are both rated at 1050 to 1100 hp and a single turbo would be GT42R to GT45. They are huge and will be very difficult fitting it under hood.

Ihave a t62 on mine and am very happy with it, even with the lower compression pistons I have never felt lacking on the low end.

My take is that guys looking for the show or wow effect prefer the twins. My experience is that I can spin the tires out of the blocks with my single if I floor it. So a twin setup wouldnt be any advantage in my perspective.

Well one place, if you were road racing the twins might help, if you are road racing you have to be mindful of where the boost comes in particularly in the curves. Twins might make it easier to anticipate when and how the boost comes on. When I am driving I have to be careful that the boost doesnt kick in when I am in a curve or cornering.

What a crock!! There's nothing on my car there just for bling let alone the turbo setup. Unless you have more money than sense who would base their turbo setup on what it looks like??? you move in strange circles my friend as i don't know a single soul make such a ridiculous decision.

For an equal max power rating, twins will always have the edge in response due the smaller rotating mass. Race V config FI race cars use a twin setup for example.

In terms of efficiency there's less exhaust pipework, too so you are extracting more energy from the exhaust gases than a single can.

At the end of the day though it's mostly about packaging and there are so many variables when limited to a street use chassis that either setup will do the job well enough.

The main reason i am looking to move to a single for my twin charge setup is cost.

dude dont get bent out of shape, I was simply stating my opinion and my experience, I wasnt trying to single you out or insult you or your car.

So basically twins are a crock and basically overkill on a street rod..More piping, money, more headaches, which means more that can go wrong, more intercooling needed, etc... And in the end it probably won't out perform a good fitted single turbo by much if any at all.....

So why would anyone in their right mind go for twins on a street rod? Ryan? Anyone? For bling bling and just because I can maybe? Fitment problems...

I thought they might compliment each side of the motor better and offer a broader band of power..More lowend and topend power throughout with the twins...I guess that line of thinking is a complete farse.