pod style air filter adapter

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fuzz!

hi guys, i've been searching the site trying to find out where people get their pod filter adapters for the stock intake. such like;

attachment.php

if you have bought one of these i'd like to know where you got it from. especially in australia.

otherwise i guess i'll just make up my own. all that seems to be required is a piece of plate cut and drilled to size and a short length of tubing.

cheers,
ben.

I think there are some around but they're hard to find in Aus. I had a mate make one up for me with some plate and a short length of pipe from an exhaust shop. Worked a treat.

yeah making one doesnt seem that hard, but i would still prefer a purpose built adapter.

if you have a look at the one in the photo above, its not just a length of tube welded to an adapter plate, its nicely tapered from the circular pod end to the square intake end.

it may not make a difference (i'm no expert on physics and flowrates) but it would seem 'dead ends' around the throat of the intake would cause some vacuum and turbulence.

buggar, don't know why the pic won't display..

might have found a place.. japparts.com.au

will give them a buzz and see if they have something for me (the pictured adapter looks like what i'm hunting)

says "from" $44 though.. might end up making it myself anyways as it'd only cost me about $1.

I used a universal one made by redline on my crown air flow meter, had to drill the mounting holes and it only just fitted. I think it cost around $20, I got mine from american autos but I think most auto shops get that brand of products.

That's true about the turbulence, the Karmen "Vortex" MAF will get a foul reading if there's extra turbulence since the readings are figured from the amount of turbulence formed inside the sensor body.

The pod adapter in your pic looks like a kit that is done by Rod Millen Motorsports in the states.

How ever I can't find the adapter listed as a seperate item on the site.

If any one knows where these are available I'd be keen to get one my self.