pics of your 1uz tps' please

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

suprra_girl

hey ya'll... i've fitted a 1uz throttle body to my 7mgte but the 7m tps doesn't bolt right on, it's slightly out.. i've noticed that there is slight variance in the resistance between the two but i'm hoping a guru here might be able to help out and say yes! i can use a 1uz tps in place of the 7m one ;)

pics of tps' from various years would be good as apparently there is one 1uz throttlebody that the 7m tps bolts direct to but i have yet to find a) proof b) a 1uz tps with the same part number

tia :)

I never atually touched a 1UZFE or a 7GMTE, but 1 one thing that I worked on a different car, such as a Honda, is that the TPS can be turned and changed for the resistant. So if the resistance between the 1UZFE & 7GMTE is different, then perhaps you can turn it and change it to the same resistance as stock. If the TB itself isn't fit, then maybe an adapter might help. Your username sounds like you're a lady. No offense, please. It's just a curiosity.

Well,

Not likey sorry to say, might be that the resitance curve is wrong aswell and if these TPS's are the same as 3sg and 4ag ones opperating wise, there's also the Ilde switch to take into acount if you set the Resitance curve to match at fulle throttle the Idle switch might not close and keep the ECU guesing at what the engine's doing, idle will not be very nice.

get your multimeter and a piece of paper out, turn both and measure at the same time for say every 10 degrees of movement. (first measure both half way if those are half of total their linear and the only thing importand then is is to know if the total resitance is the same if so... happy days)

if it's a 4 pin TPS, it probably has the Idle switch and then the pin numbering is as follows
pin 1 takes 5v for the ECU (you don't need this for measuring)
pin 1 and pin 2 is the variable resistor (2 is the arrow)
pin 3 is grounded
pin 1 and pin 3 is total resistance (p3 is ground in loom)
pin 4 is Idle swich and it should switch to groud via Pin 3

if it's a 3 pin the ECU tells idle by RPM sensing and the numbering is the same exept for p4 offcourse

if both do the same it's ok, if not can't you modify the housing to take right sensor? internals are really hard to swap as ND poured them with rockhard epoxyresin.

I have a 1uz I could mesure up if needed.

otherwise post results here and I'll check which TPS could fit your need (resitance and fitting wise), got a whole bunch collected through the years.
(should be better use of time compared to the "staring at engine thinking how am I going to pull this off" thing)

grtz Thomas

David,Well, it's just that I'm normally nice to the gents, but I'm specially more kind to the ladies, due to my humble thoughts. Striker,Way to go! That's really specific and Tia could get some helps.

I have one spare - Usually setting the idle voltage to .5 volts is good but do the normal toyota thing by setting the idle switch to be on at idle and turn off after .25mm of throttle opening and it should be fine. If you need one I am sure I have one laying around - cheers