Parts Require for R154 Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Gang,

What are the parts require to make this work. From auto to 5 speed manual. Lots of people are interested of converting the Soarer/SC400 to a 5 or 6 speed.

VsSC400 on CL has a very good list. It should be located within the first to pages of FI section. Basically there are multiple option from the NZ boys to the aussies. CastlemaniaRodshop seems to be the one stop for the Conversion. Contact them. Also they are in Australia. But ship to the US frequently.

SC400/Soarer's are easier as they have a place for the clutch pedal, as the 6cyl ones came with option of manual.

LS400's are harder as you'll have to set up custom brackets for the clutch pedal.

But the list will be the same

Clutch pedal/bracket
Brake pedal
Clutch master cylinder
Hard line
Soft line
slave cylinder
bellhousing
gearbox/fork
flywheel/clutch/thrust bearing (throwout bearing) + flywheel bolts, clutch bolts
spigot bearing
tailshaft
gearbox crossmember/mount may be required

Other things could be bolts may differ to auto (bellhousing to block bolts)
wiring to setup reverse lights, bridge neutral switch, fool ecu

Very nice Peewee. This is the most detail i have ever read. CL thread is still trial and error type of project. Can you write a tech article on this topic?

Lextreme said:
Very nice Peewee. This is the most detail i have ever read. CL thread is still trial and error type of project. Can you write a tech article on this topic?
not a trial and error at all. thos are exactly the parts you need. AU and NZ guys have right hand drive cars but I have a left hand drive car. The reason why it's taking so long is because now you have to make all the right hand drive parts to fit a left hand drive. Trust me, if you read the thread you'll see that i's not trial and error. Also the rush headders that i have going in is huge and it's got a lot of fitment issues. One thing for sure is that it's not trial and error. it's a well documented parts list of all the parts you need.

The parts list are accurate. You just need to get everything for a left hand drive car instead of right hand drive car. (for the US guys)

You are not going to get a most complete list than this. and the list has been up since april of this year.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145013

I also chose a genuine R154 soarer tranny... so the speedo sensors are there. i put a lot of time in putting together the exact parts list so please don't call it a trial and error, because it's not.

So this is the price u paid for the complete conversion?
Parts needed for sure
CRD bellhousing, (This is a custom unit)
CRD flywheel, (This is a custom unit) (MKIII flywheel can be used but needs to be redrilled)
CRD ring gear (This is a take-off from SC400 shrunk to fit an turbo MKIII flywheel)
CRD supllied clutch, (this is from a turbo MKIII)
CRD supplied pressure plate, (this is from a turbo MKIII)
CRD supplied Spigot Bush (this is from a turbo MKIII)
CRD supplied Throw Out bearing (this is from a turbo MKIII)
CRD supplied slave cylinder & push rod (this is from a turbo MKIII)
CRD supplied Slave cylinder and bolts (this is from a turbo MKIII)
CRD supplied realease bearing (this is from a turbo MKIII)
CRD supplied clutch fork (this is from a turbo MKIII)
CRD supplied pivot ball (this is from a turbo MKIII)
CRD supplied (6) M12 x 1.25P x 50 long original Toyota bolts -bellhousing to motor (OEM)
CRD supplied (3) M10 x 1.25P x 45 long original Toyotal Bolts - Bellhousing to motor (OEM)
CRD MKIII turbo slave cylinder (this is from a turbo MKIII)
*R154 transmission from soarer TT (this can be from a turbo MKIII)
*MKIV soarer TT tailshaft (this is from a late model MKIV
pilot bearing (from a turbo MKIII)
Flywheel flex plate bolts (8) M10 x 1.25 pitch x 26 long High Tensile Bolts. (OEM)
$83.05 SC300 clutch pedal 58804-24030-03
$47.97 SC300 clutch pedal box sub assembly 47101-24060
SC300 brake pedal
$45.44 SC300 brake pedal box sub assembly 31301-24050
$2.32 SC300 clutch pedal pad 31321-14020
$2.32 SC300 brake pedal pad 31321-14020
SC300 shifter boot
SC300 shift knob
SC300 shifter trim bezel (specify with or without heated seat)
$71.04 supra 6speed master cylinder 31410-14310
SC300 hardline for master cyl
MKIII turbo hardline for slave cyl

*bought together for $875 shipped
All items marked CRD cost $1150 shipped (exchange rate 1.26AU$/us$)
Installation is $750

The total is about 2775 plus the tranny and tranny from 350-400. So about $3,250 is about the complete conversion?