overall lengths of crown auto to supra 5 speed

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

deankdx

hi again, learning lots here. i am planning to purchase a falcon with 1UZ motor and trans from a crown 1/2 cut. i was thinking of putting in a manual anyway but have a few questions: with the CRS/DELLOW conversions to suit a supra 5 speed wHAT WILL NEED TO BE MODIFIED FROm the current auto setup? as the guy who installed this has spent lots and done a good job on tailshaft and crossmember. (if it was a falcon i can say that tailshaft, geabox crossmember and mount, speedo would all work exactly the same)

if i use a falcon T5 which i had originally planned i would not have to worry about speedo, gearbox mount, tailshaft or shifter position.
however this guy has put the motor a little more forward than standard falcon motor(now about 100mm from back of motor to firewall) this means at minimum shifter will be further forward and tailshaft will almost definatly need modding for the ford gearbox.

i was hoping if i went with a supra box i could use the already modified tailshaft, crossmember and speedo setup(even though speedo reads double almost actual speed ATM)

Crossmember MAY be able to be reused, or it may be modded to move an inch or 2 forwards/backwards.
Hieght wise and tranny mount wise it should be the same.

Speedo should bolt in.
Not sure how the ecu will like the manual, I haven't personally tackled that one.

Tailshaft will require lengthening by 80-100mm, providing you have a normal slipyoke on it, and not a 3 pronged thingo.

Expect a good $1500+ for this conversion. Not including the cost of the gearbox.

Peewee said:
Expect a good $1500+ for this conversion. Not including the cost of the gearbox.
thanks Peewee, i spoke to Greg at CRS and he said that he doubted it would be as simple as i had hoped, he sells a rebuilt supra box for $850 i tink he said(sort of lost interest once i found out tail shaft needed modding again not to mention hydraulic clutch conversion as XF had cable setup)

i think if i were to do a manual i'd use the T5 ford box as speedo would be correct gearbox mount may be OK and so might Tailshaft?(the motor mounted a little more forward than a falcon may lose the privilage of using a stock length tail shaft)
perhaps i'll keep the AUTO, may still consider tiptronic. (changed my mind about ten times already)

Well, weigh up the cost.
$500 flywheel
$500 clutch
$500 bellhousing
$300 for the Wseries Supra 5 speed
$800+ for the Rseries Supra 5 speed (which I would recommend)
$100 for new master cyl/slave cyl and lines.
$200 for tailshaft lengthening, providing its not a 3pronged yoke.

I'd say stick with auto.
Get the tiptronic.