NOS Results...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LexTite

Well, i've had this on going from the FIAT section for those who followed. But the NOS was installed before i got the rims and music done, so i just began spraying. Results are pretty miraculas, 100 dry shot did a significant on speed (note: the only cars i've personally taken to its limit was an 02 911turbo, and a 2000 hayabusa. Those are warp zone speed machines). Very impressed with results

Acceleration could have been alot better if not for the 3 batteries, 100 pounds of dynamat, the four W6's + amps, then the enourmous wheel resistance coming off the 22 inch rims. But the front seemed as if it where lifting off as the rear nearly touched the ground. All i wanted to achieve by risking my entire stock engine was to able to burn out with the rims..., and i could, so i'm happy.

Until i rolled to a stop after climbimg to 110 mph while stuck to the back out the seat. Got home to to find that i melted my platinum 4's (NOS+Platinum= No No, but they had been recently installed and didnt wanna junk them cause im cheap, now i can warrantee them out) Called NGK and they directed me to some iridium plugs (BKR8EIX-11, store stock number 2668) that are actually recommended for these upgrades. (Forced induction, NOS, etc.)
But car still only turns over to run for 1 or 2 seconds before dying out. Checked all vacuumes, everythings still pluged in, engine turns over normally, dont hear any mechanical problems for the brief time its on, but, back to the garage with it. Only had NOS installed for 2 days, sprayed about 12 times. Now im down for the count.

In the end, go turbo. I am next summer. (Wrong tread for advice, but please advise on starting issue)

I have been running a 100hp nos system on my sc400 for about a year now and I am using autolites, no problems so far.

Attachments

• Injector-plate-back.jpg
    Injector-plate-back.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Injector-plate-top.jpg
    Injector-plate-top.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Injector-plate-left.jpg
    Injector-plate-left.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2
Turned out to be the top coil. It was giving out a weak signal, you could literally hold while the engine was running. Dont know if it had anything to do do with thte NOS or not. It was a hard choice picking out new coils because one was 40 bucks, and the bosch was 160. Figured a spark was a spark, so i went with the GP Sorenso and just hope the new NGK Iridiums will help. Car runs fine now, gonna clean all my speed sensors in lui of code 13.

Glad to hear you fixed it, I also am running a dry shot of a 100hp. Wanna a real blast nos hp, get a strong heater core and heat your 10lb nos bottle to 1200-1400 psi and boom your flying, wheels are spinning, crazy juice. I believe at that pressure it is more than 100hp shot. I do it all the time on a new charged bottle no problems. Make sure you are using a electric Walbro fuel pump so you don't run lean very important. What are your bottles usually running at 700-800psi?

Oh yeah!!! I'ma do that as soon as possible. Though i think the zex kit that i have keeps the output pressure the same. I wanna upgrade the fuel pump but i gotta cut the area out where its at being that i built a fiberglass speaker box for tha 4 12's permanantly along the ridge at the top of the trunk.

I just got in (12:30am) from sprayin tha juice on every scene i could. Got to a light next to some guy in his Mercedes 55 r SS amg, he was pulling off on my over rated V8 momentarily..., until i hit tha WOT which triggered tha NOS and took off on his ass. As we stopped at the next light i guess he was anticipating me burnin out cause he jumped the gun and ran tha light. And me being to anxious did the same behind him and scarred the road for bout 50 feet before i caught his ass.

How do u compensate for gear shifting. I think i may have to install a trigger button as well so i wont have to WOT which downshifts the car, that way i can spray through all my gears. Good idea or bad idea?

And yeah the average bottle pressure is about 850psi. I guess the palm beach sun keeps the bottle hot enough being that its installed where my back seat arm rest used to be. And what plugs are u running, because theres these NGK Iridiums made the Bosch +4's feel like crap

I am running autolites but forgot the number, but they are the only autolites designed to run cooler for nos, getting them is not a problem and they are probably the best nos plug out there. My plugs have been good for a year and I hit the nos 4 times a week atleast, and weekends alot.

Wow, you say you caught up to an E55 AMG, I don't think my sc400 would catch that and I have mine modified with exhaust, intake, torque converter, piggy back ecu, electrical, supra LSD,lowered 1", etc.. 125hp shot heated and all. Are you sure that was an E55 AMG, they have 500hp with great shifting and traction, very fast and hard to beat!!!!

Anyway, yeah, get a heater core and heat those bottles it makes all the difference. I once pegged my bottle at 1500psi+ hit the greeen button and the gas and wow, those rear wheels spun forever, rediculous hp!!!
The best my car did on a great nos run was stay with a new vette and I probably would have lost if he would of hammered it fully at the start. Those babies grip and are as light as hell with 400hp.

The biggest problem with our Lex 400's cars are the lack of timely transmittion shifts, alot of practice and you can get it respectable and the use of the pwr and OD buttons help if some cases if you use them. The only way I know of so far to get those shifts under control and timely is by switching to a good Stand Alone ECU, I wonder if there is a shift kit? Anyway, I heard from an ECU installer that it helps with peak engine performance over and above a piggy back and also can adjust for better timed transmittion shifts. Those stand alones are not cheap $1000-$1500 and you need wire them up and tune to perfection. I have not gone that far yet, I am still working on installing headers and the EGR block. What else have you done to your LS?

This is my nos system pics

Well, the mercedes was the big 500 body style, it said amg on the back but he mighta just glue those on there for fools like me, i didnt look for duals.

As for my mods, i havnt done too much towards performance. I bought the car in february after totalling out my acura legend which was pimp as ****. The LS became the fourth car to my fleet and just stays parked to be able to be takin apart and put on hold as needed. I initially was goin for all sight and sound, but after my cousin started puttin intakes and chips in his protege 5, i has to show him i'll always be fastest.

The LS stays under construction though, at my own fault. Now its waiting to go back to paint cause it was lookin a lil too gangster. Painting it that 06 Caddy DTS white pearl. I had to beat the **** outta all the fenders to keep the 22x9.5's rubbing what so ever, so theres no rubbing at least. And tha seats are redone the same beige leather with aligator inserts. The music consists on 4 W6's fiber glassed in, and a pair of JBL component power series 6.5's in the front and back, two amps some extra batts. and 1 tv.

Everything had to come out to go to paint, then from there back to interior. I told myself i wasnt gonna go that far with it, but visions look so good that they gotta come true.

As for performance, i just wanna do the headers, and true dual 2 inch exhaust. I'm looking for those all clear rear lights, sometimes i see them and when i wanna find them i cant. Weird.

My suggestion to you is switch out to highflow mufflers and get 2 1/2 piping from the cat to the mufflers. Also swap in a magnaflow catalytic converter and that will make a huge and noticeable difference my guess is around 25-30hp, I was pleasantly suprised when I did mine, the car really took off. Those stock mufflers are very restrictive and the cat's get clogged big time after 10 years or so and also very restrictive. Forget about the intake and headers, the headers are not an easy mod to due, like you think, but that could give you 15hp right there. The intake you won't notice any gains it's mostly show.

I can't do anymore after the S&S headers I will be pushing the limits of the engine and tranny which is close to 450hp. I would love to install a set of Kelford cams which is a 40hp gain, but most likely that mod will blow a piston or a rod running nos at high rpm, or destroy my transmittion in second gear. Can't have that. I need to figure out what I am going to do with the tranny, I really want to beef it up and then continue building up the engine, I am looking into it.

My stereo pumps pretty well I have a 10" kicker sub, 2 6 1/2 Sony x-pod speakers and a 250kx kicker amp but upgrading to the 450KX very shortly that should blow out the back window or rattle a few teeth. Late-

I have this guy at the muffler shop who said he can do my exhuast. But my goal is to keep the car as quiet as possible. As of now all u can hear is the slight tcking of the valves so u dont even know the cars running. I know the stock exhaust is low flow, but i wanna havethe perception of a luxury car. I gotta get with him to see how to make that possible.

I read a thread that said my engine (1UZFE) only had a stock output of 178hp. That cant be true, they said it was dyno proven but ima stay in denial and refuse to belief. Because in that case, 178+100= only 278. If the max is 450, that means i need a whole nother 1UZFE inside it some where. Im not a car tech or a hater, but i wonder how many hp's the Caddy's northstar is puttin out at the wheel?

Do you have any personnal or through ur own eyes experience with the chip? Ima search threads and see what i cant find.

Your LS400 is rated 250hp at stock but by now you probably lost 30hp or so over time, my guess is you are running at 220hp + 100hp nos = 330hp which is not too bad.

As far as your exhaust goes I was the same way with the noise, here is what you need to do they came out with a new muffler called the QUIETFLOW MUFFLER, an it is truely quiet and flows pretty well, I have one on my landcruiser. The 2 1/2 exhuast piping and magnaflow cat will make no additional noise. Do that and you notice a good improvement, should not cost more then $400 and could gain 25-35hp right there.

The Caddy will make more hp I think around 275 or so, but it's front wheel drive which is garbage, and will not be as reliable as your lexus. I would not try nos on a caddy either, you may break something. My advise to you is stick with the Lex 400 motor, they can be built up close to 300hp without nos fairly easily and not to costly, intake, exhaust, ecu, electrical upgrades, T.C. etc.. and your right there think about it. Late-

It is not a chip you want but an ECU piggyback, like a Greddy-E-manage, may get 20+hp right there and worse gas mileage. Chip is garbage and does not apply to these cars.