News: Ferrari vs. Mercebenz SLR

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
looks like this degenerated into a SLR vs Enzo contest.. problem there is you are comparing apples and oranges. The SLR is built to be a GT car while the Enzo is built to be a race car, they have different agendas and both achieve their goals extremely well.

Comparing the SLR to the F1 falls into the same problem, apples vs oranges. One is a light lemans type racer the other is a sophisticated daily driver.

Another point of note is that Mclaren is a company, so having their name on the car does not mean it is the successor to the F1, just that they had a major role in building the car.

I came up on this thread and actually was on PCH yesterday and witnessed a race between an GT500 Mustang and a new Porsche (don't know what model)... It looked like a pretty close race from what I could see sitting way behind.. I happen to be in my Toyota Landcruiser and not my SC400, too bad...I would have liked to jump in on that race...

Anyway, PCH is a funny road because you have all these rich folk and movie stars traveling to and from their Malibu homes. Santa Monica to Malibu on the weekends PCH is like moving car show...You have Farrari's, Porsche's, BMW M models, Corvette's, alot Merc AMG's too, you name it.... Every now and then you get a yuppie race, so what you get is alot these inexperienced drivers pushing their very fast machines.... The result sometimes is not a good one as shown above.... I see alot of motorcycle accidents too...It's a beautiful road to drive with the coast and ocean on one side and hills on the other, but really not to safe to race on...

It's similar like in the movie "Red Line" that just came out a few weeks ago. It has many exotic sports cars but only some drivers are in the controls of their fast cars. The movie's story line is "nothing, even somewhat stupid" but it's inspired by the cars.