newbie from the Uk

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fruitysupra

hi, just had my membership authorised so thought i would introduce myself, im dave 22, live in essex uk and own a toyota supra mkiv NA, my next door neighbour suggested this site as it may help with my project. so far my supra is up to the spec i want bar 2 things. i want to drop in the 4.0l v8 from the sc400 or ls400 and then single turbo charge or supercharge it and i need alot of help with it. but until i get round to all the questions just hi for now.

Welcome Dave; a number of us are Supra owners and are doing, or have already done swaps. Check out 4000GT's thread for a nice writeup on a GE to UZ swap.

The Supercharged Supra thread in my signature is my swap story, however the engine(s) haven't made it to the car yet. I'm still having too much fun running them on an engine dynamometer.

cheers i noticed your supercharged thread already, what made you decide to go for a top mount charger instead of one of the ones like they offer on here, having the charger where the battery should be. are you the first supercharged supra about then, as i didnt know others had even attempted it. ill take a look at 400GT's threads, i could do with finding a good write up on making the swap

I wanted a positive displacement 'charger instead of a centrifugal, because the centrifugal's are more like belt driven turbos, and I've owned turbocharged Supra's since 1989, and just wanted something a little different. Low end torque instead of high end HP, as it were.

My project was an early one, but it wasn't the first; I was inspired to do the swap back in 2005 by another Supra owner whose project still isn't much further along than mine, unfortunately. Since then, there have been a number of very successful swaps done.

There in the UK, Thor Racing have done a very nice UZ swap for their Supra.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah im aware of thor racing, bigest pains in the ass, iv been onto them loads of times about doing my swap and they say yeah so and so will email your or ill call you back and they never do, iv been trying with them since last june, thts why i came here to do it myself.

Amazing what this website can achieve. Thanks to roger from thor racing contacting me after reading this thread. Seems it was all down to communication problems. Cheers again roger

Most vendors who are catering to this small UZ community take notice when they or their products are being talked about here.

Hope it works out for you; I think in general you have a better chance of working through someone there in the UK than the US. With the exception of Lextreme and a handful of others, our vendors and tuners on this side of the pond really do suck.