New Supra powered by 4.6L V8!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MWP

Hey all,

Thought i would repeat this news here...

A 390ps 4.6L V8 !!

It wont be a 2UZ.
So what is it?
4UZ... alloy block version of the 2UZ?

new-supra2.jpg

new-supra1.jpg

new-supra3.jpg

Finally, The Rock Is Back! Yes, V8 Aluminum version of 2UZFE. I am so happy......

4UZFE? Basically its a bore out 3uzfe with 3.31" (Tundra Crank) with slightly larger bore from 3.58" to 3.65". This way, the new supra will save about 82 lbs just from the aluminum shortblock. http://www.lextreme.com/stroke.html The 2UZFE is only 2 bolt main and i am sure the new supra have 6 bolt main. Therefore i really think its a 3uzfe with slightly larger bore with Tundra crank. http://www.lextreme.com/3uzblock.html However, the rock is back......

Did you notice one of the pics stated 4UZ-GE, not FE? I wonder if they are going with the 45 degree valve angle on the heads...

And, of course, I'll believe it all when I actually see it...

390 ps = how much horsepower? yeah, and if it is a ge engine turboing a high compression motor with high valve overlap could require major dough.

Ahhh! I'm glad it's not a V10!
Good question Turboandrew, I'd suspect a cross between the two versions of heads, but closer to the F head, based on what the current race cars are using. Might have direct injection, v-tech-type cam setup also.
Nice to see that they kept the chassis pretty close to the old one, and I'm sure they tried hard to improve on it too.

I was just looking at the shots of the Supra mashing down the Nuremberg track and IMHO it looks just like the Aston Martin DB. Same rear end fascia and very low profile wing, I love the curves.... looks like Toyota is trying to throw something into the superar realm that wont be easily categorized as commonplace sports car.

I'll be honest, I don't know what is what. I get vids that say "supra" and some that say"LF-A" and they have the same car in all of them. It doesn't help w/ the "secret" shots where the car is flying so fast there's no way to hone in on a badge or logo to identify. Could be LF... guess i'll know when they come out?

well being that there is no work or devlopment on any supra at the moment its the LF-A, morons on the internet keep wanting to call it the supra. it is in no way a Axx chassis car, aka supra.

I was surprised to see 2 models of such high caliber being built at the same time. It didn't make sense... why wouldn't Toyota throw all it's eggs in 1 basket an design something, why split up? Would be weird if there was a separate Lexus supercar and a separate Toyota supercar, guess it's more ammo towards BMW in the long run.