New national guidlines -max boost for FI engines is 9 psi

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

edz

This is something to watch - don't open your mouth to wide or publish info on websites (or in street machine or Zoom) that contradicts this or you may not get your car engineered (or may not be considered legally registered by the authorities or your insurance company!)

From the new National Guidelines for the Construction and Modification of Street Rods in Australia - The maximum boost for turbocharged and supercharged engines is 9 psi (63kPa). (also will apply to modified street)

Thats sounds abit hard to believe.
Even they should know that there would be too many loop holes in trying to regulate that.
It is illegal though to have an adjustable boost controller inside the cabin.
If anything thats what theyll get you for!

They wont stop me
Youve got to love N.Z. being behind in some things
(They wont stop me at the moment anyway as I dont have FI, and hopefully they dont get as restrictive as Australia if I do eventually)

Logan

pro240c said:
that applies to all rods and ICVs only that run FI V8s.

you can still pump 20psi into your 2.0L fourpot.

All I'm suggesting is that you err on the side of caution with what you say about your car in public - if you get your car engineered for rego, the engineer is working on a certain power output. If you claim increases in power, he, rego and your insurance will claim unregistered which leaves you out on a limb if you have an accident (and maybe a big debt!).

It will only be a matter of time before the 9psi is the standard for all modified FI cars.

So cops are going to be towing around mobile dyno's and pressure sensors?

The laws regarding modifying cars here in australia are totally bullshit, and have been for years. I don't even think about whether a potential mod is legal or not, because I realise that pretty much any mod I do will be illegal.

Car lowered? Illegal.
BOV? Illegal.
Pod Filter? Illegal.
Moderately loud exhaust? Illegal.
Using horn without a reason? Illegal.
Any loss of traction, whether accidental or not? Illegal.
New rims? Illegal.
Roll cage? Illegal.
Gauges on A-pillar? Illegal.
Guage on top of dash? Illegal.
LCD screen that can play tv near driver? Illegal.

As Ice Cube once said - **** the police.

There's a law here in Washington state that says that a street driven car can't have more than 450 hp.
"Please step out of the car sir, we're going to have to dyno your vehicle at this time"
Yeaahh, right.

LEXUSV8NZ said:
Can you get them to pay for the dyno time and get it tuned while your at it?

LOL that would be so cool... "umm yeah, while you're at it, can you stop that annoying ping?"

No probs, also i found that u wernt running enough advance in the top and and it was also a little rich so I upped the boost for you to sort it out...
(Somehow I cant see this happening)

Logan

They don't need a dyno to put any car off the road. I bet you all knoe a few reasons why your own car shouldn't be on the road. things you have either put in the to do pile or things that aren't quite legal like your aftermarket managment for instance.
but really it ain'tt that bad. and the rules have recentley changes regarding glare in the field of view which will make it easier to have guages. plumb back your BOV and don't gut the cats be sensible and hopefully they will decide to book the idiot beside you withh 50mm clearence and bonnet mounted guages and neons. BTW don't put neons in your car they ain't cool and so easy to book you for something that your mates should bash you for any way IMO.
what is a DYNo going to prove a true emmision test must be done on a 40" Dia rollers these days don't see them snigging the only set in australia (ford's) around.

SCV8 said:
There's a law here in Washington state that says that a street driven car can't have more than 450 hp.
"Please step out of the car sir, we're going to have to dyno your vehicle at this time"
Yeaahh, right.

That would make the new Viper, a few Ferraris and Lambos, new Ford GT40 all illegal from the factory?? WTF?

SCV8 said:
Yeaahh, right.

Not to mention many others including the Mercedes Benz Daimler/Chrysler supercharged AMG 55 models and all the twin turbo 600 series V12s.

Yeah, it's one of those stupid ones that no one cares about;it's also illegal to ride a bicycle on the pedestrian sidewalk, but the cops have been doing it here for years(?)

FYI - I applied for a permit to add a SC in Western Australia. It was approved with a few requirements.... 9 psi is the upper limit along with a full emmissions test. I was informed this test alone costs A$3,000 => $2,600 for the government & $400 for the operator. ..... legality is expensive as it is a one of project - SC400......