new here

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kfxnando

hi all!!

well am new here, and am here couz am planing on fitting a Lexus V8 to my little truck
now the interesting thing is that the truck is basses on the Mazda B-series, however it was sold in SA as a Ford as well!!

have a had a look at the traditional V8s(Ford & Chev) often used for such transplants, however most would involve some cutting and bending of body and firewalls............, the Lexus V8 fits right in with out even having to move the radiator

why do I need all that extra power???
we go away a few times a year, average 4 times a year, and we tow a traylor of around 2 tons with 3 big quads, and ALL our camping equipment!!
some of the places that we go to, we need the 4x4 to tow the traylor over the dunes to get to the destination

plan is to keep the original gearbox(5-speed), with a specially cast Bellhousing, clutch and flywheel

one of the reason for keeping my gearbox, is the 4X4 and transfer case set up!!

so will be asking many questions and for that matter many dumb questions!!
:D

Welcome on board.

When you say SA in your location is that South Australia or South Africa? I guessing Australia due to the Ford connection.

You could possibly get away with an adaptor plate between the engine and your existing bellhousing . This isn't all that hard to do and usually involves a custom flywheel but you will need that anyway.

Have a look in the "Swap & Transplant" Section as I have a feeling we've seen this swap before.

You don't need to make excuses for needing more power. Too mush is never enough.

thanx for the welcome

actually South Africa, just put in SA to get registered, will change it later when I upload sig and Avatar......!!

yep there is a plan for all the issues that you did mention, there is someone locally that does cast bellhousing, custom flywheel and clutch (complete) with pilot bearing, every thing that I need to make it fit onto the gearbox for R8000 (around US$1025), and even a clutch slave cylinder hydraulic to fit the conversion, only thing from the old system will be the Fork for the thrust bearing

have found someone locally that has a set of engine mountings already made, was going to make my own, this will save me a lot of work, and homework!!

on this conversions, looks like am going to pay and save reinventing the wheel!!

then there is someone(actually same person as above) local that sells the motor (think we pay a bit more for the motors this side, like we pay more for every thing else) for R14000 (US$1795) that will be a Lexus motor V8, serviced with new timing belt, believe new rear main seal, and timing pulies and tensioner, not sure about new plugs, any case for that price, it comes with running with a local after market engine management unit!!

me just not sure witch one to go for
the Non VVi or the VVi

currently thinking of going Non VVi (and here lies all my big questions) for simplicity
the Non VVi, makes enough power for my application/needs!!
besides having a little less Torque/HP, will help the Box live a little longer!!

thanx for the welcome:D:D

Attachments

• Ignition (Medium) (2).jpg
    Ignition (Medium) (2).jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 5
It just kills me how we can buy 1UZ motors in the USA for a third of what they cost elsewhere, but it's all the other stuff (clutch, flywheel, adapters, etc.) that are outrageous or not even available..... Guess the sum total is about the same!

Anyway, welcome to Lextreme and good luck with your project. It should prove interesting to see if that Mazda box can handle the UZ's torque. Mazdas here in the US aren't known for their strength or ruggedness.