New here, Just got a 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

brock

I just got a 1UZ from a '94 SC400, 175k miles, had record of the 90k mile service. I've already got it partially disassembled, down to a long block. I don't plan on pulling the heads, crank or pistons. That's just a little more than I think I need to do. Everything appears to be in good shape internally. I'm planning on a new timing belt and pulleys, dist caps and rotors, plugs and wires and I'm going to have the starter gone thru while I have it out. I also plan on replacing all vacuum hoses and coolant lines. Anything else I should do while I have it apart? At this moment I'm not planning on any forced induction. The engine will most likely end up in an Opel GT but I still need to sorce a transmission, alt, ECU, AFM, etc... Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Edited blue lexus photo small.JPG
    Edited blue lexus photo small.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 5
Welcome brock. I'd replace the water pump and possibly the oil pump just since they're so easy to do now, and will be more difficult to do later when the engine is in the car. Also get yourself a set of valve cover gaskets, a new PCV valve, etc.