new cast cams make the most of FI

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

400ZED

I am looking for expresions of intrest i need around ten orders for cams so i can get Tighe Cams to make castings for the 1uz-fe. these can be ground for FI syestems if that is what you want.
Cast cams will have the benifite of standard base circle diameter and oposed to welded cams they will be good for a couple hundred thousand Km and around half the cost.
cams are easierly shipped around the world so don't let that stop you if you are interested drop me a PM

i know this should be in engine modifications but IT needs exposure and can help FI as much as it can NA performance.

you know tighe have been regrinding the cam's base circle on stock cams - admittedly you then need to fit longer valves...

so how much?

T

I will have a firm quote on time and cost next week. within reason all grinds will be possible. still need a few more interested people. stay tunned for more on costing.

Cool. Would they be able to do Miller Cycle intake cams?

Probably not the greatest daily driver, I'd have to research the fuel economy, but I can't see it being good :(

same for me depending on cost i would be interested ,but what type of improvements will we see after installing them.

Looking at the Australian Lexus Soarer Club (ALSC) Site the gains can be up to 50hp and a more responsive engine in the top end.

Toyota built this engine for low end grunt (to make up for it's lack of capacity) with very mild cams and restrictive exhausts. If you do cam and exhaust you would expect much better than the 50hp.

Check out the ALSC Site (the Forum section seems to be constantly down) under the tech articles. The Cam article gives good reasons to cast cams and not weld and machine as has been done in the past.

There are dyno charts on different vehicle shwich have different modifications. The Site is worth a search.

No one is doing anything like this site with motor swaps etc.

I think everyone is waiting for the price tag. I have a DOHC Cobra. The cam is 250 each and we need four. That is $1,000 just for cams and the labor will be around $400 USD. The gain would be mostly in the mid and higher rpm. I would assume the price would be similar for the 1UZFE.
For some reasons that site is always down. Nevertheless, its a great site... I think Neil and I agreed to create a backup ALSC forum here under Australia Forum

Hey Pro240C...I agree with your grind and also think we will need modded lash pads, I am trying to did up what they guys are doing over here in NZ...for some reason I remember something about using Supra or Celica bits. Maybe someone else down here in NZ has heard the same story. And yes, depending on Price for the cams I would also be interested.

Regards,
Graham

BTW, HKS of Japan built a twin turbo 3UZ-FE (4.3 liter VVTi version of the 1UZ-FE) Supra drag car and used their own camshafts... has anyone checked to see if they are offered for sale? From the picture it looks like the engine may have been converted to non-VVti for the application. Saw the car and writeup in the July 2003 issue of Super Street magazine. Cams are reported to be HKS SPL series parts.

Car reportably made 1455hp and was only ran a couple times at a lower boost setting that made 1164hp... at that power it ran a 7.27 ET.