New Autronic released next week!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

R-Jay

I took a drive out to my local autronic dealer to have a chat about some things... first thing he said was that the SM4 was being released next week... and is cheaper than the sm2 also...

might be the thing to get if you're going stand alone.

edit: it also supports VVti and i was told an expansion card was coming in the near future for knock sensor support......

Last edited by a moderator:
hey did u get a price for them

i hope to wire one up one day

i can get them from someone too

if u get a price let me know i want to know if i can get them cheap enough to worry bout ordering them for customers

if i cant make afew bucks on them i wont bother
ill just let customer order them

Stand Alone EFI Systems

Why are you running to get the latest systems that still doesnt have any of the built in features of the Electromotive TEC3R? If you want to see the best on the market hands down go to wwww.getfuelinjected.com invest some reading time and see what can really be done with a pioneer of the industry!

What 'built in features' are you talking about?
Nothing on that site made me drop what I was doing to run out and buy a TEC3.
Infact, some of it made me almost laugh.

Tec3r

Peewee said:
What 'built in features' are you talking about?
Nothing on that site made me drop what I was doing to run out and buy a TEC3.
Infact, some of it made me almost laugh.

Peewee - You don't mean - 'With point-and-click abilities, "Hot Keys," and generous Help Screens throughout the program, it won't be long before YOU are known as the "Tuning Wizard!"' is not serious? Maybe they just have a good sense of humour??

The system looks alright, and does support knock sensors ( Our industry-leading Knock Control will instantly suppress low octane engine detonation or "pinging." ), be interested to see a back to back comparison with an sm2?

i just wired up an SM4 into an MZ21 7M-GTE last week. TO be honest i think it's about the best value for money aftermarket ECU available now, thanks to the myryad of features and configurable inputs/outputs thrown into the SM4.... along with all the other features that are always compared (ie, processors, ignition drivers, etc etc)

Price - well i can't really say what the retail is on them, cos i dont know. I just know i will be buying at least one for myself and my 18R-GTE (project).

R-Jay, was it S.A.S. that you visited per chance?? If so, the MZ21 is still there as they were unable to tune it last week (no time) and wont be able to this week either. However a brief 30 min tune, 3/4 rpm, and 0.8bar boost laid down a humble 243kW at the wheels though....

As for knock control - well it will aparently be added to the software's programability in the future..... but you know what... WHO REALLY WANTS KNOCK CONTROL???? I know i sure dont! Knock control is only there for tuners who can't do their job properly and tune OUT the knock, if it exists.
Currently, the SM4 can connect to a wideband sensor for tuning functions, and the "add-on" AUTOTUNE function!!

as for this TEC3 thing....... i think there are enough references to the following from the Simpsons to convey my point accurately!!
Made in the USA

Upon talking further to some Soarer (aka SC) gurus in Australia, I've heard two options:

1. set up standalone ECUs like Autronic and Haltech to run only the engine stuff, while leaving the tranny and other bits to the original stock ECU. --- This sounds like the safest option!

2. set up the standalone to run the engine and use a 7MGTE tranny ECU for the tranny. -- This actually sounds like yet another headache to get the 7MGTE tranny controller wired up..!

argh... still wondering ...

Witzl,
harware wise the SM4 is probably capable or just off, but AFAIK the software doesn't support it. You may be able to do in an agricultural sort of way but I wouldn't recommend it or even try it.