need mid mount transaxle

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nah not a meter justin,

the 1uz is 65.5cm long the distance inbetween the driveshaft centers and the bellflange is 18cm on a un1, so that should fit no problem, G50 is longer I know.

and since you'll be better of making a new spaceframe like subframe for the rear to acoomodate the new suspension pic-up points you can always put the wheel centers a few cm back if needed, I always find that just altering a cm or 2 a world of defference.

basicly copy the rear chassis of an Ultima or a T70 or GT40 for instance and get that in the mr2 chassis. not that hard to make just tubes and tubes and more tubes.....

you know what, build a replica of a GTone le-mans car and stuff a twin turbo in it, never been done before!

Grtz Thomas

ps indeed locostbuilders opened up a whole new can of worms for me too....:nervous:

Just a thought???
How about the front wheel drive system from some of the G.M's
fwd cars ????
They are big heavy cars with big motors. I guess strength should be o/k ??

yeah I'm not too worried now, have had a good look around and found a good substitute I think, am looking at a porsche 930 transmission, will handle close to 700hp stock and with a few little goodies can be bumped up a bit.

given that the cars weight is only 1700 pounds I think 700hp will be enough :scool:

beginning1ym1.jpg

well that looks neat? what is it? also Please Please make that side scoop usable. I cant stand unsuable parts on cars.

I doubt Majoola's porsche trans was completey stock.... I would imagine it was beefed up considerably.

What I don't get is why people aren't paying more intention to a Ford GT gearbox brand new?

Sure it's $15k brand new but:

1) It's brand new.
2) Stock has been *proven* to take 1000bhp.

Now with the G50:

1) Firstly go find one (if you do it'll cost the earth).
2) Work out the cost to have someone rebuild it up to take 1000bhp levels.
3) It'll still be a 'used' gearbox.

And after all that how close did you get to $15k anyway?

I doubt Majoola's porsche trans was completey stock.... I would imagine it was beefed up considerably.

What I don't get is why people aren't paying more intention to a Ford GT gearbox brand new?

Sure it's $15k brand new but:

1) It's brand new.
2) Stock has been *proven* to take 1000bhp.

Now with the G50:

1) Firstly go find one (if you do it'll cost the earth).
2) Work out the cost to have someone rebuild it up to take 1000bhp levels.
3) It'll still be a 'used' gearbox.

And after all that how close did you get to $15k anyway?

actually the early short 930 trans costs about 5k here from a wrecker, and I'm not looking to make 1000 horsepower, that much power in a vehicle that weighs 1700 pounds is pretty much asking for a closed coffin, the 650 to 700 I want is bad enough, and a new gt40 transaxle is overkill for my application.

if you look around, the 930 trans is rated to 700 horsepower, I get a guarantee, and an adaptor plate is readily available, and it's all done for less than 10 grand.

]{orupt;80329 said:
actually the early short 930 trans costs about 5k here from a wrecker, and I'm not looking to make 1000 horsepower, that much power in a vehicle that weighs 1700 pounds is pretty much asking for a closed coffin, the 650 to 700 I want is bad enough, and a new gt40 transaxle is overkill for my application.

if you look around, the 930 trans is rated to 700 horsepower, I get a guarantee, and an adaptor plate is readily available, and it's all done for less than 10 grand.

If your shooting for less power than your options are far more open and what I said above doesn't really apply, but if you are gunning for 1000bhp than I don't see why a Ford GT transaxle shouldn't be a viable option.

And there are bellhousings available for 1UZ --> Ford GT Transaxles available..... ;)

Hey Benji,

well for one thing. it doesnt always fit like in a T70 the place the driveshafts are is not usable. they need to be further back.

+ they're expensive

from hat I understand majoola only had the diff replaced by an LSD one, don't know which make that was but probably not porsche.

grtz Thomas

not a transaxle, but quite nice when building a 4x4 maybe.

for a decent buget you coul buy a new Cima transaxle and be done with it

grtz Thomas

Hey corrupt, whats ur budget?

Full albins sequential 6spd dog in mid or rear configuration about A$50k
Full albins 6 spd dog in mid or rear about 35.
2nd hand albins 5spd about 10k, can be switched to mid or rear.
Porsche G50, all albins close ratio mid engine config about 15k
Renault UN5, in mid engine config about 8 to 10.

Actually, I know a guy whos got a renault UN5 with 1uzfe adaptor, clutch, flywheel for $4k, but you will need the diff swapped over - about another 2 I think.

Can also get axles made in aus in 930 cv spline up to 50" for about 1.5k Ours are 39" and cost 1290 inc gst.

BTW - mines a renault un5 rear mount.

I have decided to go with a 4l80e, it's a beefier version of the 4l60e used in the corvette c5, which is actually an electronic th700 with the bellhousing chopped off.

best part is any adaptor to fit a 1uz to gm turbo bolt pattern will work.

I do have to perform some extensive mods to make this work, but it's just fiberglass, no sweat.