Need Help with Fuel Relays

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hi,

Checked coils and Igniters and they have the ign 12V, also checked that Igt1, Igt2, Igf1 and Igf2 have continuity back to the ECU.

Check the diagnostics, in normal mode it shows no fault just the continuous flash and in test mode it shows code 42, which from reading the Auto faults relates to fault in the speed sensors or harness (I think this has come up since I dont have the ECT connected) but I cant see this not allowing spark but still allowing injector to pulse.

Any ideas on checking the Igt1, Igt2 signal from the ECU, or testing the ignitors.

u need an oscilloscope to measure pulses now

u need to check cam sensors and crank sensor to see if yr gettin signal
anyway im off in 2 weeks so wont be able to help much longer till december

like i said if u get car to me i can fix it in under an hour but its not cheap

Got one step closer today, got the engine to fire up but it wouldnt continue running. Checked all injectors and they are getting their pulses, cleaned all the spark plugs and hook up the vacuum line for the brakes.

Have to test it again tomorrow, getting to late to start it up with just the extractors and no exhaust. Sounds loud firing up in a tin shed, feel sorry for the block of flats that run up passed the shed, Im sure I'll have very happy neighbours.

Hiluxmad

For what I have learnt from the diagrams and from talking to Sideshow (many thanks) the sta on the computer is an input, it comes from the switched ignition that starts the starter (that way the computer can see that your trying to start the engine) this also goes to the fuel pump so that it runs while you are cranking the engine. Once the engine starts turning the computer receives the crank and cam sensor inputs in the right order hopefully and fires the igniters and injectors.

I havent got mine fully running yet, it fires up but dies. I have had the motor sitting around for about a year and who knows how long the guy I bought it off had it sitting in his halfcut. So have pulled out all the injectors and getting them cleaned this week, noticed that all though the injectors were getting the pulse there was no clicking of the injector turning on with a couple of them.
Pulled out the spark plugs and noticed that there wasnt much of a spray but more like a slow trickle.
So clean injectors hopefully will mean a smooth running 1UZ with any luck.

I think I might be having similar problems. We have all must have been following the same wiring diagrams and trying to use sta as an output instead of an input. When I corrected that on my car it fired up much quicker (with the fuel pump relay bridged) but I'm still not getting any activity on fc green/red wire (won't switch to ground) and about 15 seconds after the motor starts the idle hunts from 1300 to 2000 rpm. I'm starting to think my air flow meter could be at fault because I was led to believe that the engine running signal for the fuel pumps starts there and I can't find any other faults in the wiring.

V8Superlux,

Before heading off down a blind alley.

How did you engine run in the half cut?

If OK it works.

From my experience (so far) at least 90% of the "it doesn't run right" posts have turned out to be a wiring error.

Don't be ashamed to go back and double and triple check. I drove my car for 6 weeks before I pulled all the wiring out and startd again as it lived in limp mode.

It isn't hard but it ain't easy either.

the diagrams are correct for some extent

there is still alot mre wires need to be done for it to be wired like std

like i tell most people its not a 5 wire job

start is not critical but it helps with crankin enrichment

everything else should be hi idle and normal idle circuit

this is controlledby idle motor

nothing ot do with sta

and it should not hunt at begining

these engines run perfect from first turn of key no matter what conditions if wired propelry

theres heaps of things to check sorry i cant sit here at tell u my job

but the wiring diagrams only help woth the wiring of the ecu

not with some of the externals

Thanks Sideshow, thats pretty much what I thought i'll spend some more time on it over the weekend but if I can't get it any better I might have to give you a call about coming out and having a look at it for me. From what i've read your not back at work untill december.

Found it, mistake in wiring harness not giving power to idle speed control valve. Car now starts and runs perfect with smooth idle but still can't get fuel pump relay to work correctly. I think i'll just wire the pump to be ignition switched to start with so I can get my exhust done and everything else to finnish off and then get Sideshow to look at the fuel pump relay in a week or so.

Superlux,

A small wiring error seems to tbe the usual culprit with an engine that won't run properly once in the new vehicle. So far I haven't come across a problem that wasn't operator error. I know I made one and it took a bit of sorting.