my aw11 mr2 project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
We all wish it was wheels.

Sorry at the flywheel.

You can get it up to 300 without too much work but you look pretty tight on room for nice headers.

im not gunna go with n/a if i want a bit more power
easier just to wack a t70 or somthing in there
the stock manifolds almost come out perfestly over the gearbox
and while on rwd cars that would be a pain in the arse that allows me to stick a turbo above my gearbox without to much hassel

there is quite a biot of room under the heads as the egine bay pritty much goes straight down from the heads to the pan
i will take more pictures this weekend for detail and things of that nature

i have my own forum as well for aw11 mr2's and we currently have a conversaion with bill strong... the guy building the northstar v8 mr2
if it is of intrest the url is www.clubaw.co.nz

the orginal motr destened for this was a 7agte a hybrid engine i built myself and the aim was to grt to 250kw at the rear wheels

with the 1800 cc that woudl have been a bit of a effort and bit highly strung this is why i have moved to the v8 :D

i also think it will make a much better weekend/track car certainly more forgiving power curve wise :D

cheers
vvega

pulled all the unessary bita off the front of the engine and have now got it down to 590 mm from the flywheel to furthest forward part ..bar the crankshaft nose that will sit under the chassis rail anyways

the stock 4age is 530 mm long from front to back..including the crankpully but it is installation it dosent sit under the rail

the drivers(in normal position} side mount has been turned upside down and the rubber trimmed to allow room for the driveshaft to pop though without clearance issues
though it must be said that this places it very close to the ex manifold

the removal of that front "idler" has givn me a ancour pont to make a new front lateral mount

all seems to be going well at this stage i will post up pictures tomorrow all going well of the engine attually mounted in the engine bay

v

Cant wait mate...

Make sure you make a "How To" Guide for the rest of us to follow in your footsteps...

one word "pioneer"

Attachments

• 6mgefront.jpg
    6mgefront.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 1
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm moving back home to Te Awamutu on the 23rd of next month. I had to read that sentance of yours about 5 times. Small world.

Ive got a thread or two on here about fitting a 1uz into my SW20. Everyone basically said that it couldnt be done.

I havent read all of this thread, sorry, but how are you dealing with the alternator?

-nathan

doing the adapter plate this weekend and that shoul be the trassmisson engine side of the conversion done :D
alternator is a issue im working on... almong with a dammpened pully

v

well guys ive been doing some work on it finally
finished that adpter finally
and its mounted in
just the flywheel required now before that the mating is perminate

1uzandwork021.jpg

PA300007.jpg

98820557.jpg

v

yeap the gearbox has only move a inch or so to the left..
i just modded teh factory mount to fit that in there

v