MR2 SW20 V8 swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Oh lex, dont worry, I got tons of pics to take to ask questions! I wanna know why all these lines are going into the dang motor! like oil lines for PS or soemthing, and fan oil???? whatever it is, I wanna find out what I can ditch and what is ness. Basically I wanna run the oil pump, water pump and alternator, thats it!

Jeff

Update: 10/26

Progress has been slow since I've actually been working on customers cars at m y shop. We still lack power so when dusk hits we have to close up early. I have a new car yet again, I have a turbo silvia pictured below behind my S2000.
100_0314.JPG

I like the car overall but its not a toyota hahaha.
100_0318.JPG

Well I have worked on the SC400 a little, trying to get to the ECU and other parts
100_0330.JPG

Does anyone know if these ABS computers can just be unplugged from the factory ECU and stuff?

Update: 11/08/05

Removed the 1uzfe
Removed the transmission
Removed P/S pump
Removed A/C compressor
Cleaned shop (thank God I took time for that)
Cleaned the 1UZ a little

I found out that I had the tubular manifolds not the nasty cast iron heavy ones. And the only leaks are from the valve covers, which are due time for a good changing. Since this car has approximately 130K miles on it, its amazing the shape the motor is in, the crank pulley and alternator pulley is pretty well rusted and corroded, Im gonna take those off and sand blast them and paint them befor putting back on. Also this wiring harness is making me sick, I think Im going to just remove the entire thing and see if I can find someone weather inside the USA or outside that wants to delete the connections I dont need to just make it run on stock ECU. Otherwise Im gonna get me a good standalone and dyno shop when that time comes (any input is well regarded!). Now as I wait for my adapter and flywheel I am going to take the torque converter off and clean out the engine bay in my MR2 a little more. I seriously think I can retain my factory cross member, but I will have to move the 1uz alternator either up or on the other side of the engine.

Thanks,
jeff

Keep up the good work

Jeff your project is has been a dream of mine for some time. You are useing exactly the same setup that i was planing on doing. If there is anything that you might need to make your progress smoother.Please feel free to ask. Im keeping a close eye on you project cause soon ill be doning the same. I am curently on a MR2 V6 swap. Jeff keep up the good work. I hope to see your MR8 running around soon.

Thanks man, glad to see someone located in the USA east coast for a change! yeah project time sucks cause I dont have light and it gets so dark now days. right now Im waiting on vvega (wayne) to make my adapter plate and flywheel.

SW20 REPRESENT!

Is that what is refered to as a "log" style manifold?

vvega lives just down the road from me and ive seen his mk1 on a number of occassions... very very very cool.

Keep it up,
Nathan.

No its not a log style, its the OEM stainless/mild steal tubular header, which Im so excited about because I thought I had cast iron manifolds (didnt some models have cast iron?)

Im going to use those temporarly on my stock 1uz setup to run a T04R. I really have to get on the ball and wire transferr my money to VVega!

was bored and thought I would set the car on the motor yesterday, so I took my camera and took some pics today. it looks right at home but not far enough to the right lol. Im going to have to do some cutting for sure!

teaser photo's

Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments

• sstt.jpg
    sstt.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 36
thanks, its got some oil leaks under the valve covers, which arent a big deal, cause its not fresh, and plus the motor has at least 120K miles. Not bad, thanks, and wish me luck, VVega is making my adapter plate and flywheel, I cant wait!

Attachments

• design1-dp.jpg
    design1-dp.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 17
  • design2-dp.jpg
    design2-dp.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 12
Oh yeah, Im going to build a top mount suspension setup, it will work out pretty good I hope!

IMG_0008.jpg

Like this, but this car has motor cycle coilovers for a really light weight setup, especially the motor and trans. Mine will weigh twice that at least!

jeff

jeff/lowboost,
i like the idea of the top mount suspension by pushrods rather than the macpherson struts, and i dont think you'll have much trouble doing better than the car in the link. what a horrible monstrosity. what could have been a great double wishbone setup was instead replaced by a four link, in a rear engined car! i have never seen a setup like this, ever. can someone explain any good reason to have it like this? other than if the car is setup to dragrace, (which by the look of the little four pot motor im guessing not) why anyone would have it is beyond me. for a decent setup you might be better going for something like this:
http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/engineering.asp?engineering=5
fastest production car in the world, so it cant be too bad. good luck with whatever you go for. personally, i would keep it standard (with the exception of upgrading to Tein coilovers). it will be very expensive and time consuming for relatively little gain.

340i,

I don't think it is a 4 link system.

It looks like a de Dion setup. notice the solid beam across the rear with the watts linkages.

I think it will have huge unsprung weight without the benefit of IRS.